Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex E 250 Ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Marcin Lasota

Hi

I am bought  2 months s pure water machine by Brodex 250 Ro.I didnt use too much but I have a few question about:

how often schould I change a resin??

and this same question about pre-filter..schoul I change  after a couple months or is enough  just to clean?

I got some dirt on the botom my tank.how can I clean the tank and take the dirt away.

There is any Brodex service close to london area???

I will be really glad for any advice if someone can help me

Thanks

Martin

Hi

I am bought  2 months s pure water machine by Brodex 250 Ro.I didnt use too much but I have a few question about:

how often schould I change a resin??

When the tds of the pure coming out of the di vessel starts to rise. I won't let mine rise above 1ppm but some leave it until its higher. If its at zero ppm then it doesn't need to be changed.

and this same question about pre-filter..schoul I change  after a couple months or is enough  just to clean?

Brodex just put in a sediment filter not a carbon block. So throw away the sediment filter and use a carbon block filter that will do both jobs. The carbon block filter stops chlorine damaging the membrane/s. Brodex don't supply a carbon block as they say our water hasn't got enough chlorine in it. Every other supplier disagrees. Brodex want to make money selling replacement membranes that have failed prematurely. Depending on water usage, a fiberdyne should be replaced according to manufacturers specifications.  A 10" filter wouldn't last as long as a 20" filter. I don't know what prefilter you have.

I got some dirt on the botom my tank.how can I clean the tank and take the dirt away.

Sometimes you have to start thinking for solutions yourself. You could use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck the muck up. I partially fill the tank with tap water and use my 1" transfer hose to siphon the water out of the tank vacuuming/sucking up the bits with the hose.

There is any Brodex service close to london area???

Don't waste your time with them. Their service is terrible and costly. I hope there isn't more of them out there.

I will be really glad for any advice if someone can help me

Thanks

Martin

You have posted in the wrong section. I'm sure a mod or @Gavwill move it to the correct section.

Answers in red

Last edited by a moderator:
Great.Thank you very much indeed for your help.Its really helpfull.Yes I did mistake buying from Brodex..I waited 3 months for delivery:)Now is too late.They didnt send me any instruction ..I called some many times.I have another I guess last question.

When I filling my tank  water is slowly dripping.They said:all process should does it take 4 hours but doesnt work like that.I heard about pump booster to rise a pressure.Can you recomend any??I saw a couple of them but I dont know witch is better which model should I buy..

I wanted to ask before I going to buy.

Great.Thank you very much indeed for your help.Its really helpfull.Yes I did mistake buying from Brodex..I waited 3 months for delivery:)Now is too late.They didnt send me any instruction ..I called some many times.I have another I guess last question.

When I filling my tank  water is slowly dripping.They said:all process should does it take 4 hours but doesnt work like that.I heard about pump booster to rise a pressure.Can you recomend any??I saw a couple of them but I dont know witch is better which model should I buy..

I wanted to ask before I going to buy.

I'm presuming that this is the system you have bought.

250ro__1405340080_217.155.193.15 (360 x 298).jpg

First of all you need to find out what your tap water pressure is at the van and how many liters per minute of water you get.

Its no use considering the purchase of a booster pump if you don't have enough water.

Brodex I understand have a ball valve inside the tank which switches the water off to the r/o when the tank is full. You need to make sure that that is working OK.

I'm not sure if water goes through the prefilter first, then the ball valve and then the membrane or the ball valve, prefilter and then membrane. (A few have this system so will advise you.)

Anyway, you will have one water feed going into the r/o and 2 outlets at the other end. The outlet in the center will be the waste and the outlet off-center will be pure that then goes to the di vessel.

The water going to waste and the pure should be between 1 waste to 1 pure (equal amounts) to 2 waste to 1 pure. There will be an adjuster on the waste outlet for you to adjust this. You can measure the pure by removing a pipe at the di vessel and 'catching' the water.

If you do use a booster pump it will have to be 230 volts and have an electronic controller which switches the pump off when the water stops flowing.

Here an example.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/booster-pumps/switched-booster-pump-kit-240v-for-prf-ro-systems.html

yes,this is this same system.I filling my tank from taps garden from my customers cause is much easier so I dont know what is the pressure..but is very low.Last time I spend 8 hours and tank was half full.Today I took  a water from diffrent customer and pressure was very bad..4 hours not too much water.

Normally Brodex said should be 4min/1 litr if not you should buy pump booster.Iam thinking about something like this:http://thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie-4040-booster-pump-5688-p.asp

Yes ball valve working correct.

What about drain hose waste water..when should I connect it,I guess after when it fills???cause I really dont know,could you explain me please.

I have a last question.Above my ro membrane is any kind of instrument called diameter.How and wahen schould I use it.What diameter doing?

Many tanks

yes,this is this same system.I filling my tank from taps garden from my customers cause is much easier so I dont know what is the pressure..but is very low.Last time I spend 8 hours and tank was half full.Today I took  a water from diffrent customer and pressure was very bad..4 hours not too much water.

Normally Brodex said should be 4min/1 litr if not you should buy pump booster.Iam thinking about something like this:http://thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie-4040-booster-pump-5688-p.asp

Yes ball valve working correct.

What about drain hose waste water..when should I connect it,I guess after when it fills???cause I really dont know,could you explain me please.

I have a last question.Above my ro membrane is any kind of instrument called diameter.How and wahen schould I use it.What diameter doing?

Many tanks

The problem is that the booster pump requires 230 volts so that's an additional issue. Where do you get 230v?

When you are making water you need to have at best equal amounts of waste water and pure water at the same time.

The membrane filters out most of the dissolved solids (minerals) in the water so you need water to flush or wash those impurities away. So you must always have waste water going to the drain. You must never close the tap off completely on top of the r/o housing.

The problem is that the booster pump requires 230 volts so that's an additional issue. Where do you get 230v?

When you are making water you need to have at best equal amounts of waste water and pure water at the same time.

The membrane filters out most of the dissolved solids (minerals) in the water so you need water to flush or wash those impurities away. So you must always have waste water going to the drain. You must never close the tap off completely on top of the r/o housing.

If you have a look at my r/o (its a 4040 so bigger than yours) I have highlighted my tap at the top of the r/o in red.

4040 ro 053aaa.jpg

When I want to flush my r/o I open that tap fully and all the water goes to the waste drain. When I want to produce pure water, I close that tap, but not completely as I still need water going to waste to keep my membrane clean. At the moment my r/o sends 1 liter of waste to the drain and at the same time sends another 1 liter of pure into my storage tank.

You will have an adjuster on your r/o. It won't look the same as this but it will do the same job.

Back