Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reach-It Dual Trim Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its gone slightly off topic, but we have recently switched to Phoenix from Brodex.

Last week, I fitted the ultra light section to my 18ft pole and the second day of use by one of my guys, the threaded insert snapped off. It was not extended but I do use the aquadapter, and the unger nlite brush, which I guess does add some weight and leverage. Anyhoo, WCW sent through a couple of spare (AB) inserts as free replacements, and I roughed it with sandpaper, plus the inside of the UL extension up, and araldited. I built up the araldite around the line of the previous snap (where the insert starts to chamfer up to the thread) and hope this will add some strength where needed. The chaps are out today, so Ill keep you posted (literally - Lol). Oh, and the TecBuk Hybrid brush is now on there (first use)

On a side note, my thoughts on the Phoenix poles.

Clamps are THE BEST on the Phoenix, make no mistake, so much quicker to use than any other. Also easy to tighten up with hands. I found it a bit whippy to start, but Ok after a few uses. That has gone now with the addition of the UL Extension, which adds rigidity without much weight. Because the phoenix are shorter extensions, the aquadapter is easier to use. I know I am biased, but thats natural going from Brodex to Phoenix! We did try the unger n lite aluminium pole, but heavy, and the sideways style clamps. This is why i didnt choose choose the gardiner pole, the side clamps are defo slower to use, and speed is everything! My mates got a Gardiner and loves it, and Im very aware of following on these forums...

Thats my 2 penneth, hope it helps!!

Back