Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning statistics

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kundalini

hi all

I've just taken on an apprentice for the first time and have been fortunate enough to find a local course for him starting in September. He's the son of my best friend who I anticipate will take over from me sometime in the near future.

Showing lots of enthusiasm he's even started asking me questions about our industry, which shamefully despite 21 years of service I couldn't answer!!!

Is there a website that covers status tucks for our trade? Does anyone have a link.

Particularly he asked me the size of the market in UK?

How many companies there are in service?

He asked me about profit margins and % involved in domestic, commercial and the high rise work in London etc. I was able to give some guidance on this and how my personal business is modelled and structured, but not on strategy for the high facade and abseil work.

And how technology may help make our jobs easier and safer in the future?

I think he's getting a bit ahead of himself but, as with any new generation he's looking to the future and perhaps a slightly different direction.

If there is anything that may cover some of this I'd much appreciate it as frankly I have no idea and have never thought to think about any of this outside my own business model.

Thanks

you have taken lad on after 21 years, surely the main thing is he is going to do is work hard make you coin and help you out

anything this guy wants to learn is going to come from you

Ijust dont get it, he is asking to many questions , alarm bells is ringing.Surely this guy has to show his worth

Back