Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big House

£45 a month.... nice one. How many times you doing it in a month? Is that just 1 visit??

Fair play mate! /emoticons/smile.png
Yeah, just the once just now. I think she may change it though. Im not sure weather she will want it done more or less though. Its farm house. in the middle of the middle of an open field. So I hoping the windows get dirty quicker lol then ill get it every 2 weeks. Also managed to get her on direct debit so wont need to trvel back for the money which is alway a +

How do you set them up on direct debit? Been meaning to look into this for ages!!!!!!
I Just said she would need to pay by direct debit or bank transfer. She said she would just set up a direct debit. Il give her my bank details then she will go in to the bank and they will set it up for her or she can do it on her computer is she has internet banking. Wish every one did this. would save me a lot of time

I Just said she would need to pay by direct debit or bank transfer. She said she would just set up a direct debit. Il give her my bank details then she will go in to the bank and they will set it up for her or she can do it on her computer is she has internet banking. Wish every one did this. would save me a lot of time
Automatic payment

Ive got 1 customers doing this aswell /emoticons/smile.png

Arh right....standing orders....

All our customers pay that way.... BUT just note, there is a massive difference between standing orders and Direct Debits.....

MAKE SURE you get a spread sheet set up to watch out for payments. With standing orders, the customer controls them. So they can delay the payment, skip it, miss it, cancel it etc. After about a week of trading i got all customers to committ to standing orders. Sent out instructions to the etc and thought... Great sorted.

Literally about a yr later I checked every payment made and found 75% were not running correctly.

Biggest issue is if you take payments 4 weekly.....most customers will click the pay monthly button thinking its the same which we know it is not.

I had a bloke do this to me and by the time I realised,,,,, he owed me £500!! he then cancelled and refused to pay. In the end I agreed 50% as he was going to give me nowt! Was ****** off for weeks about it.

However, the gimp then forgot to cancel the standing order and paid me an extra month.... basically meaning we were straight!

Can you believe he actually rang me and asked for it back!! Needless to say the conversation was short and we never spoke again!!

Direct Debits on the other hand request money from their bank so you know it gets paid..... unless they cancel it all together.... but you then get notified of it.

I also get standing order customers who will miss a month(usually near Christmas etc) and never telll me so i always keep an eye on them!

Ideally I want to start putting people on DD rather than standing orders but think there's a bigger cost involved....

Think i get charged about 40p per standing order on my business account so you also need to think about that. Its not much.... but once you get a lot it soon adds up. However, if you just use your current account,,,,,, you'll not get charged squat!

I got 4 weekly customer who doe it monthly

I just keep an eye on it until it gets out of hand

yeah, it basically means they need to make 1 extra payment a yr.....

Or just tell them the Cost per clean x 13 then devide it by twelve to get the true monthly cost....

Arh right....standing orders....

All our customers pay that way.... BUT just note, there is a massive difference between standing orders and Direct Debits.....

MAKE SURE you get a spread sheet set up to watch out for payments. With standing orders, the customer controls them. So they can delay the payment, skip it, miss it, cancel it etc. After about a week of trading i got all customers to committ to standing orders. Sent out instructions to the etc and thought... Great sorted.

Literally about a yr later I checked every payment made and found 75% were not running correctly.

Biggest issue is if you take payments 4 weekly.....most customers will click the pay monthly button thinking its the same which we know it is not.

I had a bloke do this to me and by the time I realised,,,,, he owed me £500!! he then cancelled and refused to pay. In the end I agreed 50% as he was going to give me nowt! Was ****** off for weeks about it.

However, the gimp then forgot to cancel the standing order and paid me an extra month.... basically meaning we were straight!

Can you believe he actually rang me and asked for it back!! Needless to say the conversation was short and we never spoke again!!

Direct Debits on the other hand request money from their bank so you know it gets paid..... unless they cancel it all together.... but you then get notified of it.

I also get standing order customers who will miss a month(usually near Christmas etc) and never telll me so i always keep an eye on them!

Ideally I want to start putting people on DD rather than standing orders but think there's a bigger cost involved....

Think i get charged about 40p per standing order on my business account so you also need to think about that. Its not much.... but once you get a lot it soon adds up. However, if you just use your current account,,,,,, you'll not get charged squat!
When I said direct debit, I ment standing order, same difference ot me. apartf rom the reason you just stated but still lol. Ive got a business acount just now but only because it free for 2 year after that ill be going back to a current account. I refuse to pay all those charges. Aslong as your a solde trader its fine to run a business from an account like this, well so im told

When I said direct debit, I ment standing order, same difference ot me. apartf rom the reason you just stated but still lol. Ive got a business acount just now but only because it free for 2 year after that ill be going back to a current account. I refuse to pay all those charges. Aslong as your a solde trader its fine to run a business from an account like this, well so im told

Im getting 2 years aswell with loyds tsb,, but in 2 years u wont switch... Ull be that busy mate /emoticons/tongue.png

Im getting 2 years aswell with loyds tsb,, but in 2 years u wont switch... Ull be that busy mate /emoticons/tongue.png
IVe had alook at there bank charges mate, ill be switching alright. I still no the date a signed up lol

I was like that but like H said, by the time 2 yrs was up for me..... you just think..... whatever. The charges are nothing compared to what your taking in. Main benefit to a business account is people pay the cheques etc to the company so looks more professional imo.

I was like that but like H said, by the time 2 yrs was up for me..... you just think..... whatever. The charges are nothing compared to what your taking in. Main benefit to a business account is people pay the cheques etc to the company so looks more professional imo.
Oh trust me, ill remember lol. Theres no way Im paying a bank to take my money. It should be the other way about. You get chrged just for putting money in your account is bloody ridiculous.

Yeah, just the once just now. I think she may change it though. Im not sure weather she will want it done more or less though. Its farm house. in the middle of the middle of an open field. So I hoping the windows get dirty quicker lol then ill get it every 2 weeks. Also managed to get her on direct debit so wont need to trvel back for the money which is alway a +
I do a farm monthly and the windows are bogging everytime!!

/emoticons/wink.png Having a business bank account is professional when customers pay in they sue your business name not your personal name /emoticons/smile.png Customers see you more as a business this way /emoticons/smile.png

/emoticons/wink.png Having a business bank account is professional when customers pay in they sue your business name not your personal name /emoticons/smile.png Customers see you more as a business this way /emoticons/smile.png
Its the difference between being seen as Trotters independant Traders and House of Fraser to me.

I always want to come across as professional so i pay the charges and it doesnt bother me.

Its like when I go to meet a new customer I always get changed and look the business. First impressions count. Im not saying its the right way, but its the way I do things and wouldnt do it any other way.

My monthly chages equate to me working for half an hr a month..... so i work for free for half an hr a month. Fine by me. I work at home and get nowt :wacko:

Back