Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick question.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Got a shop to clean on Friday, its just opening and has that white wash type of stuff all over the windows, not encountered it before, but I assume this just wipes off no problem?

Am I right? any advice?

Little edit - the white wash stuff is only on the inside.

All depends what they have used. :rolleyes:

Did you do a finger test to see if it would wipe off easily as that would have been the first thing I would have done.

All depends what they have used. :rolleyes:Did you do a finger test to see if it would wipe off easily as that would have been the first thing I would have done.
Its a friends shop and he has not opened yet, won't have the keys until Friday when he wants me to do it, just had a wander past earlier to have a look and saw all the white **** on the windows, so no idea what it actually is.

Lets hope for your sake it's not watered down emulsion paint then as some ppl are that stupid :rolleyes:

To be honest I thought there might be some kind of white wash everyone uses on these, after a google it seems it can be almost anything.

Yep it can but if it's powdery in texture then should wipe of no problem :thumbsup:

What they call the "smiley test" if you can't draw a happy smiley face with a finger and see clear glass then you are fooked :laugh:

Guess it will just be a wait and see then, bugger.

And yeah if I had gone to look first I would have run a finger through it, probably drew a large **** though as opposed to a smiley face /emoticons/smile.png

Back