6Mm Hose?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by joe34, Oct 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Hi, My hose is coming to the end of it's life it's looking like i'm going to have to replace it soon.I use the 8mm hose but I've been told the 6mm is much more easier to use and doesn't get caught up and snag so much does anyone have experience of using both? what's the best?

I've got a two man system so the pump is always on the go ,going to a 6 mm will it put to much pressure on the pump? any advise would be helpful thanks .

Joe

Advertisement
  2. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

I uses 8 mm, just going what I've read online people have said 6mm no good,

I purpose 6mm will take less of the real up

3. Posh

Posh Hero

I've used both & both do exactly the same thing IMO

4. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

I use 6mm hose and much prefer it. It is quite a bit lighter and more maneuverable. Having sold both 6mm and 8mm now for many years, we have found that we sell about 3 rolls of 6mm Microbore for every 1 roll of 8mm Minibore.

It does restrict the flow rate a bit, but if you have a decent pump it is not usually an issue. However if you are sharing a pump between two reels then it may be a little too much for it and the flow would be too slow. I have in the past run 2x 100mm of 6mm from a single Flojet twin diaphragm pump (higher flow rate the the triplex) and it worked well if the hose reel lengths were matched.

5. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

6. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

If you like the current flow rate of water then 6mm would reduce this slightly but it should still be workable. Ideally I would run a pump and controller for each hose reel.

Advertisement