6Ppm Water How Often Change Ro Membraine And Di?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WJCN64, Mar 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Hi iv had my 100gal a day 3stage ro for about 10 months now it just shot up to 6ppm i know.i should chang the resin but how often for the mwmbrain im new to changing filters n stuff.... Any help would be great!

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

3. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

in 3 years ive never changed any menbrains. i have changed pre filter about 2 years ago what only cost about £15..
    i change resin about well just used the last of a 5litre bag that cost me £18. 3years ago.
    my tap water is about 150ppm before filtering.
    after it 000ppm.
    once it gets to 005ppm i change resin about every 8 months

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Empty the DI stage, find out what your RO is producing might be the 6ppm that its reading, then you know when to refill your DI stage and that will polish of the rest back to 0ppm.

5. xline

xline Member

dont change the membranes yet, you would just be throwing money down the drain. all membranes are also hand made, so no membrane is the same, if they are producing 006ppm then you will be fine, i find that the small membranes are really good for the money and most people would change them due to them slowing up and not for the readings they produce. we find the filmtec membranes to give the best results

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have had my membrains for 2 years in my RO,

i have a 200gpd changed the pre filters,

water goes in at 450ppm, comes out of membrains at 12-14ppm now. when they was new they was only 9-11ppm

7. Josh

Josh Member

How long would it take to fill a 450l tank with your 200gpd rc??

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Way to long that's why most use small ro's with a static holding tank. My 300 gpd now a few years old produces 6 ppm before di and takes approx 48 hours to fill an 1000 ltr ibc. I backflush the membranes every time before I go to use it. Also I change the pre filters maybe every 6 months or sooner depending how often it's used.

Can put a booster pump on them but to be honest I've never bothered myself as I'm not on a water meter and not wanting to spend more on electric than I need to. Also I use filtered di harvested rainwater so hardly ever need to use a ro now.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

mine has booster pump on it and might be 12 plus hours depending on temps etc.
    over the winter its taken just over 1.5 days to fill my 1000lts tank, but in the summer it takes less time,

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So can you keep those booster pumps running that length of time without them burning out?

I've heared that some of the chepo ones do not last so which one do you use RC?

Advertisement