Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SLX, CLX Xtreme

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

When talking about effort and strain on shoulders, is it not just the weight but also the rigidity of a pole? And is it to do with the carbon composite? I looked at the CLX and its weight is only 100g more than the SLX, but everyone raves on about the SLX. Is because of the rigidity of the pole which makes life easier to work and less harmful for our shoulders/backs?

The rigidity of the pole does make a difference. It means that it's easier to control at height. I have one of the old Extreme II 22 foot poles and find that I can clean some windows above small extensions that I could not manage with my CLX-22, the poles are the same height so I can only put this down to the weight & rigidity of the Extreme.

That 100g difference may not feel like much when the pole is collapsed in your hand but when you extend it the difference is significant. An extreme example: If your pole weighed the same as a barrel of water, say 25kg you could still pick it up when collapsed, but if you extended it you wouldn't be able to pick it up from one end let alone work with it. I think its all to do with leverage.

Latest Posts

Back