Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

8mm pump fitting to 6mm hose

Mooghy

Hello,

I just brought a Diaphragm pump to set up A small pump system in my van for now, all my hoses are 6mm, they came with my gardiner pole, if I got a 8mm hose and then a 8mm to 6mm reducer will this cause a pressure issue? Would there be to much flow through the 6mm pipe that it will just pop off the adapter? Anyone have the experience with this, I want to get a 6mm 100m length hose to connect up to my poles

Depends what type of pump it is but all 100 psi 5-6 ltr per muinit pumps should be ok pushing water through 100 meters of 6 mm hose it’s only backpacks and 60 psi pumps that will struggle. 

Hello,

I just brought a Diaphragm pump to set up A small pump system in my van for now, all my hoses are 6mm, they came with my gardiner pole, if I got a 8mm hose and then a 8mm to 6mm reducer will this cause a pressure issue? Would there be to much flow through the 6mm pipe that it will just pop off the adapter? Anyone have the experience with this, I want to get a 6mm 100m length hose to connect up to my poles
I use reducers on the inner of my hose reel to reduce a very short piece 12.5 mm garden hose down to 6mm onto my 100mm streamline reel hose.

No issues no loss of pressure or flow

Back