Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6Ppm Water How Often Change Ro Membraine And Di?

WJCN64

Hi iv had my 100gal a day 3stage ro for about 10 months now it just shot up to 6ppm i know.i should chang the resin but how often for the mwmbrain im new to changing filters n stuff.... Any help would be great!

in 3 years ive never changed any menbrains. i have changed pre filter about 2 years ago what only cost about £15..

i change resin about well just used the last of a 5litre bag that cost me £18. 3years ago.

my tap water is about 150ppm before filtering.

after it 000ppm.

once it gets to 005ppm i change resin about every 8 months

Hi iv had my 100gal a day 3stage ro for about 10 months now it just shot up to 6ppm i know.i should chang the resin but how often for the mwmbrain im new to changing filters n stuff.... Any help would be great!
Empty the DI stage, find out what your RO is producing might be the 6ppm that its reading, then you know when to refill your DI stage and that will polish of the rest back to 0ppm.

dont change the membranes yet, you would just be throwing money down the drain. all membranes are also hand made, so no membrane is the same, if they are producing 006ppm then you will be fine, i find that the small membranes are really good for the money and most people would change them due to them slowing up and not for the readings they produce. we find the filmtec membranes to give the best results

i have had my membrains for 2 years in my RO,

i have a 200gpd changed the pre filters,

water goes in at 450ppm, comes out of membrains at 12-14ppm now. when they was new they was only 9-11ppm

Way to long that's why most use small ro's with a static holding tank. My 300 gpd now a few years old produces 6 ppm before di and takes approx 48 hours to fill an 1000 ltr ibc. I backflush the membranes every time before I go to use it. Also I change the pre filters maybe every 6 months or sooner depending how often it's used.

Can put a booster pump on them but to be honest I've never bothered myself as I'm not on a water meter and not wanting to spend more on electric than I need to. Also I use filtered di harvested rainwater so hardly ever need to use a ro now.

How long would it take to fill a 450l tank with your 200gpd rc??
mine has booster pump on it and might be 12 plus hours depending on temps etc.

over the winter its taken just over 1.5 days to fill my 1000lts tank, but in the summer it takes less time,

So can you keep those booster pumps running that length of time without them burning out?

I've heared that some of the chepo ones do not last so which one do you use RC?

So can you keep those booster pumps running that length of time without them burning out?
I've heared that some of the chepo ones do not last so which one do you use RC?
yer it has been left running for 24 hours if not a bit more non stop, the transformer gets a little warm but being outside in the shead it helps keep the frost off and keeps it from over heating,

some booster pumps have to run 4 hours, turn off for an hour then run 4 hours then off 1 hour etc etc to keep it from burning out,

mines 2 years old, not used each day, friend had the same one and his lasted 3-4 years, non stop.

just had a look its a E-CHEN EC101-200 24v 70psi

china made! lol

I think the best thing to do is change the resin first, see how that turns out if its the same change the prefilters...

I've just checked the producton rate of my 300 gpd ro and it's producing 1/2 ltr every 90 seconds.

So your homework for today is lads how long would it take to fill a 1000 ltr ibc at that production rate? :rolleyes:

First correct anwser gets a gold star /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've just checked the producton rate of my 300 gpd ro and it's producing 1/2 ltr every 90 seconds.
So your homework for today is lads how long would it take to fill a 1000 ltr ibc at that production rate? :rolleyes:

a long time! lol

its about 50 hours isnt it?? give or take

50 hours possibly

Correct /emoticons/wink.png

Next question - So being that ro it is rated at 300 us gallons per day (24 hours) how efficent is it?

I'm much to thick to work that one out myself so you both get gold stars /emoticons/tongue.png

Anyway I knew it was less than 50% efficent so is that about right for small ro's?

well its 1000lt (what you get in 50 hours) divided what ever the total amount should be for 50 hours, 2365lt nearly. i just did it more accurate and got 42.2%

Back