Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit of hose reel advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ClearReflectionAlex

Hi guys. New here. I have a WFP system with Gardiner pole. Tank, pump, resin in the van etc. My question is what hose you guys run on your reels? My pole is light but my hose is heavy, i want the lightest hose I can get but is still durable eg dragging around and getting run over by cars when its across the street. Seen some 6mm code red microbore? Yey or nay? Also will having a thinner hose affect pressure? Im guessing not. Thanks

I use 8mm id microbore as the main 100metres hose, switching to 20metres lite-5 5mm id pole hose that goes up the pole.

I work in the road s lot,and the yellow microbore have been absolutely excellent. It's three years old, have been run over by everything from bikes, strollers, cars, vans, trucks, forklifts and 40 ton lorries,both with and without studded winter tires. It doesn't have a single leak.

The lite-5 lasts about a year or two, and is fine, really. It's the one you get when you buy a pole from Gardiners.

Thinner hose will affect your pressure, sure, but a proper pump doesn't care and just cracks on.

Normal 6 mm microbore will work fine and is liter and easy to drag around some makes are more flexable than others , Gardiners or Grippatank are very good and not to expensive 

Back