Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flow Rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Just replaced 8mm bore hose with 6mm bore. Flow rate reduced on same controller setting :huh:

Is this something anybody else experienced??

It`s because the internal diameter is smaller, less room for the water to get out so you need more pressure for the same amount of water as you had before..

i think.

It`s because the internal diameter is smaller, less room for the water to get out so you need more pressure for the same amount of water as you had before..
i think.
Spot on. Enjoy less weight to hump about

I use to panic when I used a flow control and it broke, as I thought I would run out of water, but to be honest I get throught the work that quick, that it isn't a problem, don't be fooled in to thinking that a slow flow rate will save you water, it doesn't, as you spend more time on a window, so use same amount of water, just more time,

try it on your own windows, a normal window should take less than 30 secs on a normal clean,

Sorry to harp on about this... The shurflo pumps are 5lts per min. 5 x 60 = 300. So if you we're working on commercial work you'd only have enough water for an hour, 2hrs top? Am I working this out right or am I missing something?

Back