Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Competition

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Wow been looking through some of our competitors and its plain to see why after 2 months we are getting calls daily.

Most sites have broken pages, broken links, under construction (since 2011 lmao) poor pictures etc etc

I have been fully convinced that a website DOES bring in GOOD work!!!!

Thanks Dodger /emoticons/biggrin.png

i dont agree there. if people know you have a website then yes but if its a plain flier or advert in local advertiser etc no. i got lots of calls and the odd message from my website. ok the ones from the website seem to be the upper classed people. the calls are from oaps and the facebook ads are from younger people.

We dont pay for advertising. These jobs have come from google searches leading to our website?

So dont understand where you are going with that ?

I did think about starting up a website a couple of years ago when I first started out. The only thing is though, that after 6 months or so you start to fill your books with customers. I get two or three new customers each week without any advertising...just through word of mouth or being spotted on the street. I have taken on way too many and am constantly behind by a couple of weeks......I suppose what I am saying is, do you need a website to attract customers once you are established?.

But are you doing anything about it.

You should be building the ultimate round.

No awkward houses, all good payers, all cream work etc.

Then if not take someone in with you. Even if its 2 weeks out of 4 ?

Hiya damo.

Yes, aiming and working for the ultimate round, condensing it as much as possible, only taking customers on who are close to other customers. One of my failings is that I find it difficult to drop some of my older customers with difficult houses (and I have a few) and also customers who are not in my main patches. These tend to be the houses that I got in my first few months when you are happy to get any customer. Its a kind of sense of loyalty, which is probably quite foolish and it holds me back. I really should do something about it.

Also thinking seriously about taking someone on to help me. Its a big step though.

This year I have been dropping trad houses and cheap houses and hard houses.

Hard at first. But totally worth it.

I have a few hard houses and out of the way houses I would love to drop. It definitely makes good business sense as it would free me up to continue condensing the round.

mrtaytay i have a few out of the way homes but this is where you can charge what you want, if there serious they will pay you. i normally get them because they say we dont get a window cleaner round here anymore. so i jump at these kinda homes knowing they desperatly want a cleaner, chuck an extra tenner on the price to pay for traveling time wasted. not trying to boast but theres a home im doing tomora coz i felt like taking today off. that would norm be 25 quid home but i charge her 40 every 8 weeks which i think is ok, she was a good payer at the start but started to forget and not send me cheques etc. i have to keep emailing her reminding her there will be a late payment charge ( this sorts the good and bad payers out then ). i like my out of the way customers, i get sick of going to town all the time and like a relaxing clean in the country :Image3:

with the website i only get one home a month off it but it pays for the hosting etc so i dont mind, there always the big houses aswell, snobs dont look at fliers do they, they google window cleaners in xxxx

All of my out of the way customers are from when I first started and any customer was good. They are fairly priced so I cant complain. It sounds corny to quote loyalty, but thats the way I am.

So much work out there mate....skys the limit.

see i prefur the ones out the way because no one wants those ones round here. most the town houses i land mess me about like today, its to wet they all said so i earnt jack schite today but used about 10 quid in fuel. others left there gates closed aswell. so im now 2 days behind because i took monday off for a change and put that work onto today but today nothing got done.

Wow been looking through some of our competitors and its plain to see why after 2 months we are getting calls daily.

Most sites have broken pages, broken links, under construction (since 2011 lmao) poor pictures etc etc

damo I'm trying to get my web onto front google page any tips mate

damo I'm trying to get my web onto front google page any tips mate
Vote for my video in the polls? Lol.

Have you got a blog? I have noticed that blogs seem to be more important than the actually content of the the main page.

Concentrate on ONE service at a time.

I spent ages on solar panel cleaning. Now we are top spot. Starting on next service now. Already number one. Thought dodger was doing it?

Will do mate, yeah dodge did do it and he has done a great job on it, but when I type in window cleaner in blah blah I'm no where to be seen,

Put it this way if ppl don't have a good and seo website thesedays they are missing out on loads of new profitable work.

Back