A Great Day Leaflet Dropping.....

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Wheatie, Sep 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Well it would of been if it was for me, but my wife had around 300 leaflets to drop off so in good spirt I did it for her. And I really wanted to scope out a few areas!

I noticed a few houses with dirty windows, and a good few with solar panels with bird poo on them! As I was counting how many solar panels where on the roof there was roughly about 7-9 and on other houses 5-7, would I been thinking in the right direction if to charge, say £2 per solar panel?

I tried to keep an eye out for a windy in the area, but no site what so ever! Fingers crossed there ain't one lol! I covered a good area, about a good few hours waking about, but could of been another day he/she covers there?

I seen a good amount of houses with signs/stickers on there door with "no canvassing, no buying selling at the door, no knocking, with these doors do you just post a leaflet through the door?

Cheers all!

Advertisement
  2. Joe

Joe Active Member

Just play the ignorance card mate- likeley no one else has knocked there so do them.

I tend to wait until I can see them coming and then start walking off, when they come out I am really apologetic and just explain that I am a window cleaner trying to build my customer base up and I only noticed the sticker once i had knocked. usually they then start chatting to you and then they just become a normal house. usually best to knock these sorts of houses in small bunched though.

3. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

That's a brill idea mate! I will try it, have you ever just had any doors you wish you never knocking on??

4. harunh

harunh Legend

wheatie u dropping leaflets already mate ?

5. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Bar mate helping with out with her advertising, she's a hair dresser mate.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

cool so shes got own hair n beauty salon business ? when u get fleyrs mde put her business on 1 side an yours on the reverse ;)

7. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Yeah mate she does all that, she's saving for a salon at the mo, so goes to peoples houses. I will be happy if I pick up work as quick as she has to be honest! Phone always bloody ringing!!!!

8. harunh

harunh Legend

So shes mobile.. thats pretty good them mate :) when shes done someones hair she can maybe recommend your services... and put down 25% of first clean etc :)

9. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

She has spoken to a few people H, and the feedback was good, just gotta let them know when up and running and hopefully there still intrested!

10. WindyCleanerMan

WindyCleanerMan Active Member

I wouldn't worry about the sticker buddy, Its aimed at double glazing people. plus it could have been on there since previous owner. Never ever been moaned at. Infact I get alot of them say either yes or sorry and goodluck. think they think fair play. least out working. plus its a service most of them use. unlike double glazing

Advertisement