Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gareth

I've had my business 20 years doing traditional. I'm buying the pole system what is best having the set up at home and then filling the tank up in the van .or having the full system in the van .appreciate any advice cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends on a lot of factors tbh. I purify at home as the tap pressure round here is rubbish and I can't justify the expense of running a boosted system in my van. On occasions it would be nice to be able to plug in at a customers house to produce straight in to my tank but a larger tank is my answer. Plus the inconvenience of trying to change filters inside the van doesn't seem like a positive experience - it's hard enough keeping the van dry as it is without having to unplug membrane housings and free off tight filter bowl fittings. I'm sure it works for a lot of people who don't necessarily have to space at home but - for me - a static system in the garage ticks all my boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have. Static RO and tank, I just transfer each afternoon into van my pump only takes two minutes to fill-up van.

Depends on your work, a 650l 2 man set up will last you all day on residential work, not on big commercial jobs though. If you only work close to home then I wouldn't filter in the van as the van system is more expensive and is heavier. If you have a lot of big commercial work you might need to fill up on site so a van filling system would be best

We have the filtration system in the van as we do work 200 miles away from home every 6 weeks and need to fill up whilst working , you shouldn't get leaks in the van if decent fittings are used and filters don't need to be replaced that often ( 350000 ltr ) for the carbon sedimentand 5 micron , ro s usually last 6-7 years so it's not high mantanance . If we spill 1 ltr per day in the van from hoses,poles etc dripping we have had a very bad day , just put an old scrim on the floor and it will soak it up then wring it out job done

If you need to fill up fast have a booster pump we can produce 1000 ltr in a couple of hours depending on the supply tds

I've had my business 20 years doing traditional. I'm buying the pole system what is best having the set up at home and then filling the tank up in the van .or having the full system in the van .appreciate any advice cheers
Hi Gareth

I too have converted from Trad after 20 years and gone WFP.

Best decision ever.

I use about 300 litres of pure a day and have an RO in my shed that sends the pure direct into my van tank (650)

I also have a 220 litre water butt and 10 Jerry water container things for emergency or spares to use with back pack from gardiner. The best one

If I needed more water going forward ie if I employ someone I guess I'd get an IBC and store the water in there with it going all day.

So far it's all been smooth..

:thumbsup:

RO in shed with pure going into a 300ltr water butt, Having a tank in the back of van and producing pure overnight all that weight will longterm effect the van suspension etc.

If you are producing pure at home and run out of water towards the end of the day but have a commercial job to fit in one evening you can go home and fill up straight away no chance of that with van mounted RO.

U

RO in shed with pure going into a 300ltr water butt, Having a tank in the back of van and producing pure overnight all that weight will longterm effect the van suspension etc.
If you are producing pure at home and run out of water towards the end of the day but have a commercial job to fit in one evening you can go home and fill up straight away no chance of that with van mounted RO.
I guess it depends on what type of van you have and whether it can cope with a bigger tank in the back...

Another factor is space for a big tank.... Ideally you want it under cover too ie in a garage... Which sadly I don't have.....:puke:

U
I guess it depends on what type of van you have and whether it can cope with a bigger tank in the back...

Another factor is space for a big tank.... Ideally you want it under cover too ie in a garage... Which sadly I don't have.....:puke:
You don't need a garage only a very small footprint here is a photo of my setup can also put a few 25 litre barrels in my little plastic shed mine is a 600litre IBC tank. The other side of the fence is my RO which is in amuch smaller plastic cabinet which I insulated.

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

I spend about 25 days a year in the Cambridge area, I live in Sunderland. Wouldn't like to pop home every time I needed water o_O
Haha bit a bit of a trip.

All my work is within five minutes of home apart from a couple days a month which is approx 15 minutes drive even though I have never run out of water it really won't be a problem refilling if I do get low one day.

U

My truck has just over 1000kg payload but I don't go anywhere near the max payload and I only fill tank on a evening if I have a early start the following morning.

My truck has just over 1000kg payload but I don't go anywhere near the max payload and I only fill tank on a evening if I have a early start the following morning.
All due respect but I don't see how it makes much difference filling up with pure over night from 300ish to 650 (tank capacity)

I don't think it will effect the suspension unduly.

Haha bit a bit of a trip.
All my work is within five minutes of home apart from a couple days a month which is approx 15 minutes drive even though I have never run out of water it really won't be a problem refilling if I do get low one day.
Valid point - if you are travelling you need to make pure on the go.

You don't need a garage only a very small footprint here is a photo of my setup can also put a few 25 litre barrels in my little plastic shed mine is a 600litre IBC tank. The other side of the fence is my RO which is in amuch smaller plastic cabinet which I insulated.
In my opinion it's the same as having 650 litre tank in van - only more convienient I've found...

As mentioned before maybe I will need to go down that route if start business expanding etc.

Nice set up mate

Yeah know what you mean, only I can still be making water while I'm out working, I only have 900kg payload on my van with a two working so have to watch every kg, so have a a smaller tank even though I carry 25 litre barrels the extra weight of filters etc and a larger tank isn't really a option due to my limited payload, everyone's circumstances are different and each of us have different methods to suit, even when I upgrade to a bigger payload van I will still opt for a static system as that's what I personally prefer. I can see the attractions and benefits of a ro&di van mount as already mentioned on this thread but for me a static ro system works fine.

Latest Posts

Back