A Handshake Is Worthless

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Sep 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had a call to quote house and Conny roof yesterday, with a view to regular cleaning. I gets there and see the owner is one of our barter type friends. The price goes up straight away as I know we are going to end up haggling. She starts saying too much, too much, I'm thinking yeah you're right. She says she's got others to come and quote over the next few days. Anyway we end up striking a deal and shake on it. We agree that I clean on Tuesday afternoon. Hey presto, I get a text this morning saying they're going with a cheaper quote.

Nice of them, eh!?

Not replied to the text yet, but I'm tempted.

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

If they start haggling/bartering I always walk away, the price is the price no negotiations.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Just had a thought. I might turn up and start cleaning. I'll claim no knowledge of a text. That'll give her a shock :)

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm sure she is going to pay you then....NOT :Image3:
    I had a call yesturday too whilst up me ladder. So said hold on and I will take your details down once I have got back to the van.
    Anyhow when someone says we are getting other quote but my wife will be home if you want to call by needless to say I was not that interested after that :Image13:

5. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Just jog them on mate ull only end up regretting it

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i priced up a reg window clean job 2 days ago he said im wating 4 a nother quote ill call u wander if i get it lol

Advertisement