A little bit of info

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Amos, Aug 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amos

Amos Member

Hi fellow windys just wanted a little bit of info on how to write some flyers out really attract the customer as I have never needed to put flyers through doors before I want to employ somebody any ideas guys how to really promote your window cleaning business

Advertisement
  2. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

Use the search, this is covered about once a week on here...

3. bob duff

bob duff Member

I found flyers a waste of time 1 for every 100 I think knock door and face to face best and I definitely would not trust anyone to put through door

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use flyers but i usually only.post them.to neighbours of any new customer i get as chances are there is no windy in that cluster of houses

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Did a little leafletting earlier in a road i picked up 3 new jobs in (1 off Facebook and 2 of her neighbours )
    2 people came out and called me over so now have 5 in that road
    Not bad for a sunday morning

6. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I posted this in the thread last week but I'll post it again in case it's of any help to you. IMG_3917.JPG

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Last two months I have moved away from flyers and canvassers and now just run an online advertising campagin.

I worked out a budget of £240 per month and that more than brings in enough to cover itself and then some.

8. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

I use similar technique to daveyboy wherever I am working i canvass or leaflet if no answer as many houses on road I'm working as I have time for. Building up nice compact areas for jobs.

Green Pro Clean Ltd just wondered what advertising you to online to get to £240pm It's obviously working for ya.. I get plenty of Facebook just using free groups and some off free yell ad
    I know you have one of gavs web sites but I think the monthly cost is minimal. Interested to see what also you do online with the money as may try someof them

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

1-2 responses to printed advertising is considered a good response in the advertising world. These days with less people using printed media (newspapers, magazines etc) the response average is considered to be good at 0.4%

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Online marketting is the way forward. Social media and building a database plus a network of people who refer you.

It depends on your business I think if purely window cleaning then canvass there's no need to mess about doing anything else imo.

These last few months I've been using d local magazine and google adwords to good effect. Window cleaning enquiries directly are not that high and canvassing or leafletting would produce faster but the way it works for me is I'm advertising half a dozen services so do a get a steady stream of enquiries for various things. This often leads to an opportunity to sell window cleaning to the customer or a neighbour to see you working. Drumming up a lot of activity in general and being out and about brings in enquiries. Any emails I am getting are put into the database and every job gets asked fir their email address to market to at a later date.

For windows like I said it's not nesacary but if you offer multiple services its great.

I'm currently doing away with sepetate websites and building one site for all services and look to drive all traffic to it.

1 customer per 100 is an excellent return btw that's about 1 an hour. I've never had that return.

Advertisement