Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting van nicked?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Always driven crappy cars so never worried but this is my first expensive van/vehicle. I may have to park it on the street near my block of flats. It's a bit of a dodgy area so am worried about theft. Can u get GPS traclet's which the thieves can't find and alert your phone if your vehicle starts moving without u in it?

My mate had his van nicked possibly by a foreign gang.

Well all trackers transmit a signal so easily detectable if you have a tracker detection device, which most pros would use today. To be honest it would deter theft of ones vehicle as they would not necessary know exactly where it is if it's hidden well..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Disk Lok and a decent tilt sensor alarm.

Park it on a main road or next to lots of windows.

Had mine stolen October 2015, I'm only just getting back on track.

I lost work, insurance barely paid out and I had to get into debt to get back to work.

Learnt my lesson.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you can, get insurance with a telematics box. They can use it as a tracker if it ever gets stolen, and insurance is cheaper

If they steal my van , im going with them ! Just keep holding on to my wfp hose ,would like to see them faces when they arrive in serbia with my van , and me !:cool:

For that purpose i Always Carry showels and plasticbags, when im done ,i drive back and go home for dinner . 2 thugs less ....:hehehe:

Back