A massive change......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ginge, Feb 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Hi all, I am completely new to window cleaning forums and to window cleaning itself. After 16 years of working in the city in the media industry both myself and another guy have decided that a complete lifestyle change is in order. We have decided to set up our own window cleaning company using the reach and wash pole system. Neither of us is afraid of hard work and so far it’s proving to be really enjoyable (even if the weather has been a little cold and wet). If anyone has any tips they are happy to share with us then they will be greatly received. We obviously can’t give you any window cleaning tips yet in return but can certainly help with any advertising or media related questions you may have.

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

hi are you based in london

3. Ginge

Ginge Guest

We are based in Kent but we are slowly picking up work in Kent and Surrey at the moment. It will be nice when we have a nice tight round. Until then it's simply a question of doing the work as and when we are getting it.

4. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

Good luck Ginge :)
    Hope to see you around here

5. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

A few tips off the top of my head:
    Be sure to replace the rubber you use for the wiper every 50 windows or so. If you clean windows while abseiling (that's what i do), you should use two vacuum suction handles in order to reach a longer distance of motion while cleaning.
    For hard dirt, a sSwear word!er is officiant and costs less in the long. It also does the job faster and because there is no need for water while using it, it saves you money and is a great friend to mother earth.
    Best Wishes! Uri

6. kars

kars Guest

Hey Ginge. Good luck with your business. Im still relativley new myself so still a bit short on advice. Really lovin being my own boss though and meeting all the customers There is lots of tips on here though that ive found really helpfull and everyone is really friendly.

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Ginge,

Hope it builds quickly for you.

Well worth posting any questions / tips here on the forum - there are some really knowledgeable guys that can really help.

Dave

8. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Well the good news is that it's defiantly going in the right direction. In 6 months I've managed to get the window cleaning round to pull in £1600 a month purely on windows. We get lots of extras on top and the majority of our clients are lovely. The rain is a real pain in the butt when it lasts all day but on those days I tend to look for more work. Many thanks for your tips and advice and keep up the good work on the forum.

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

thanks for the update glad to hear it is working out

10. Hi Ginge

I am a city boy too (or was) but gave it up in January. I am not too far from you in Leigh on Sea (Essex) so good luck to you and your mate, hope it works out for you.

Rich[/quote]

Advertisement