A new record

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Jan 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Took 5mins to do a camera survey and show the customer that her gutters were full and needed doing. Then gave a price and she said will have to speak to her partners first and let me know. Phones me up within 15 mins later by then I was at another quote and said "yes we would like it done". Just goes to show the power of doing a gutter survey first as I thought I had lost that one. I'm still on 100% converstion rate since getting that go pro camera and my prices are nowhere as cheap as others in my area either.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

This is the pic I showed her and saved me time and effort messing about using ladders to take a look.

GOPR0507.jpg

3. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

How far do you travel just to do a gutter survey? What happens when there's just a couple of leaves up there?! I never go and look at jobs first because i'm often too busy and can't justify the journey......

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Love the picture of the Bedford Rascal. My father used to run a milk round along side the window cleaning and we had two Rascal pick ups and a Rascal van.

I will make an appointment to go and clear out the gutters. Give them a price there and then. If there is nothing in them I charge anyway as I could have been else where earning. I price to inspect and remove any debris found.

5. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

If a customer has made an appointment it doesn't matter how much ****'s in the gutters....it's the same price...that's in my terms! Half the jobs I do hardly need doing so going to look at a job first and taking a picture of nice clear gutters to tell them they don't really need doing is a waste of time for me......

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You have a point there. Mr Smurf rocks up after driving 10 miles, gets his nifty camera out and takes a pic of a clear gutter. Customer then says 'no thanks, they look clear.' Mr Smurf has wasted his time and lost a potential job. Also, if you have the camera, I would imagine the customer insisting on seeing after pics and we all know that they don't look like new unless you flush them through.

On the camera front I'm out.

7. cheapncheerful

I agree but.....

most people dont call for a gutter clean out until there is a jungle growing out of the downspout....

on most houses there are stretches with nowt in and stretches that are :turd:....guess which section smurfy shows em....

me I am with rascal I would just give a price and thats it...and me...I try to do it when they are out....

so a top tip from sneaky here....In the conversation I will say is there any days you are in so I can catch you....of course..I go when they say they should be out....

doesnt always work that way like most things in life....:D

as for money they can just pay online...

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Don't worry rascal my time etc to look at a job is included in the quote. The only ones I don't get now are the ones I don't want for one reason or another like that industrial unit I posted about.
    I mainly do a camera survey on a site visit for my benefit not the customers as I like to see what I letting myself in for as not all jobs are a walk in the park.

Large jobs I will travel within reason but I make sure they are worth the hassle that is reflected in the price.

9. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

I think smurf might have the moss dispensing gopro because I can't see any moss on that roof. That would explain things......

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now that’s a thought...However I would prefer to get paid to clear them not block them up

Advertisement