A question for wfp boys

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Amazin, Jan 31, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amazin

Amazin Member

Well, considering it only takes few mins to clean the front windows of a typical 3 bedroom house, does that mean you dont need to worry about parking restrictions?

I don't see the need to have one in areas with PRs. Just like loading/unloading a van. I been purposely avoiding PRed areas because of it when once i become wfp myself then it shouldn't be an issue

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It depends
    If it is single yellows and a parking restriction or double yellow with yellow marks on the pavement it is an instant ticket
    Normal double yellows it doesn't matter what the signs say you legally have 20 minutes before they can slap a ticket on it
    If you can be in sight of the van and move it before someone can write out a ticket you'll be ok but some of these buggers are quick and will slap it on the windscreen while you're winding your hose in

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I got a damn ANPR ticket for a bus lane last week. There's another £60 the council has extorted for the small business man.

Cest la vie!

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Stay out of bus lanes then lol

Buggers

5. David K

David K Forum Addict

I just park .. Do my thing and go , fast !!:hehehe: I got a little magnetic led yellow lamp to put on my van , just turn it on and even the cops just go by , happened a lot ! It cost me about 10 pounds. :thumbsup:

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I'm lucky I know most of the wardens on my round.

7. simon

simon Guru

i got a yellow board off ebay with window cleaner working printed on it & spaces for me to put date & time on & stick it on dash, although the areas i need it for got flooded out so i dont use it at the moment

8. simon

simon Guru

i can ring the council the day before & say where im working *& they give me a number to display so the wardens leave me alone wherever i park , but its a pain in the ****, but might be worth looking into in your area

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Goodboy

Goodboy Newcomer

cheers mate, very informative as usual. I wasn't thinking about parking on double yellowed lines or any lines. I was thinking residential areas with parking restrictions as I'm based in London. They usually have a blue plate that state the restrictions. since wfp doesn't take long (only mins) and we can put the emergency lights on, i don't think we need to get a visitors permit. The good thing about those areas is that they usually reasonably empty after 9am as people use their car to get to work.

someone told me about it while ago and I remember i was thinking to myself "would they give a monkey about it?"

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I used to live and clean in London and over the years have worked out it just depends on whether the traffic warden for the day is an **** or not
    Most seem to be ok but some are complete jobsworths

Advertisement