Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Done my first consevatory gutters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

Saw it as a opportunity to get the feel of the job before taking on house gutters going up the ladder.

Wasnt at bad I though it would to be but definitely under priced myself for the job.

I use mostly my hand with gloves and a small garden spade to put the **** in a plastic bag.

Any tips, advice or equipment I should used in future for more conservatories gutters jobs.

Ta.

dont mention gutters to me....grrrrr...

yeh an extending pole to bring the muck to you saves loadsa time.

mine today were only bungalows but which genius took the wrong ladder...

I was eye level with the gutter and the bloomin icy cold wind blew all the :turd: in my face....

its okay last time the ladder was too big this time its too small so next time I am bound to get it right...

took my multi ladder last time but it is a ten ton tessie the heaviest ladder ever and ...I had to keep putting it up and down to get through many gateways so not a good idea..

er ...wear dirty clothes if you can as it gets everywhere.../emoticons/biggrin.png

On consevartory gutters I prefer to suck the **** out myself than trying to handball it out.

Just blame frank...that's what I do now when I **** a job up /emoticons/biggrin.png

dont mention gutters to me....grrrrr...
yeh an extending pole to bring the muck to you saves loadsa time.

mine today were only bungalows but which genius took the wrong ladder...

I was eye level with the gutter and the bloomin icy cold wind blew all the :turd: in my face....

its okay last time the ladder was too big this time its too small so next time I am bound to get it right...

took my multi ladder last time but it is a ten ton tessie the heaviest ladder ever and ...I had to keep putting it up and down to get through many gateways so not a good idea..

er ...wear dirty clothes if you can as it gets everywhere.../emoticons/biggrin.png

if one more old fogey asks me do I want a cup of tea....

honest I caved in and said yes to one as I usually say oh I have just had one....and it was cold today ....so I left the cup on the step and went off to work again laters I realised I hadnt done her gutters at the front so I shot over to do them just as she was washing my cup...

do you want another...?

no more tea ever...please...

and so I got up the ladder with my thick red gloves on and the phone rings...

its sandra and john can you come and clean our windows...?

yes tomorrow dinner time I replied..

oh right I will have the kettle on......./emoticons/biggrin.png

wow no ...most custys dont look that close..

mind you..suppose it probs is a good idea for the gutters they can see....but me just leave em emptyish...

I dodged the old biddy today who when I went to clean her gutters got out her big step ladders for me to use and passes me a handbrush and stands at the bottom watching my every move../emoticons/biggrin.png

Some of the guttering/box gutter clearing jobs I do on conservatories the only way I've found is to try to do them properly is to use a guttervac.

Back