Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any idea?

L

Liam2302

fbc3f7c57322a63d308d8f63f5f5c974.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how to control the flow on these? Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No I don't tbh as I've never seen one 'in the flesh'. However, many of these backpacks/sprayers have a single switch so it's either on or off. (The specs on the Window Cleaning Warehouse website just say that it has a flow rate of 2lpm max. It says nothing about being multispeed. I'm sure if it was they would have mentioned that as a feature.)

We had a backpack/sprayer once that came in 2 models. The first had just an on/off switch and the second had a multiposition switch and electronic controller box that gave us 3 flow speeds. The first model with just the on/off switch was much cheaper.

The Gardiner backpack we have now has a dial flow controller and the best one we've had so far.

Gardiner Pure Water Backpack V3 - 22 litre - The Gardiner Backpack - Portable Systems - Pure Water Systems - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

I would suggest you bite the bullet and buy another backpack with a flow controller. You might be able to modify your one by fitting a PWM controller into it, but the phaff on trying to make the electronics water proof isn't worth the effort imo. I've done it twice and the second time it failed within a few days.

In our experience you use far too much water on just a single speed unit. You spend most of your time going back and filling up the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back