Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soffits with vents. What's the best way to clean them?

G

Gazz K

Went to quote for a job today where the owner wants the gutters, soffits and fascia cleaned. The soffits are covered in dirt and they are vented. I can't put a ladder on 3 sides of the house due to access issues so will have to use water fed pole.

Never cleaned vented soffits by wfp. If pure gets into those vents then dirt is going to leach out making it a pig to clean. I thought that going over the vents without the water flowing might minimise this issue but there's so much dirt, I will need to rinse them well

Anybody got any advice? Cheers

Rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse. And then rinse again. Then microfibre held in place over the brush with elastic bands for a final wipe over if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse. And then rinse again. Then microfibre held in place over the brush with elastic bands for a final wipe over if necessary.

Well that's straightforward enough, if very time consuming. Will factor that into the price though. Always prefer doing these jobs off a ladder. Can do a much better job than with a pole

Probably sounds more time consuming than it actually is. I do quite a lot of them and they don't take long at all. I normally add some ubik to my water and turn the flow to low. Scrub it all down, turn the flow up and rinse.

Probably sounds more time consuming than it actually is. I do quite a lot of them and they don't take long at all. I normally add some ubik to my water and turn the flow to low. Scrub it all down, turn the flow up and rinse.

Cheers

I have the vikan indoor kit, and use the microfibre pads on that to wipe them dry after using wfp. Works a treat

@Adams0211 has seen how i do them

Scrub

Rinse

Rinse again

Walk away

The dirty water if any left will drip down from the vents but the soffits will be clean

If paranoid like Neil said stick a microfibre over the brush and give it a wipe although i never do

Back