Above and beyond the call of duty!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by badbusdriver, Mar 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

1st house i was doing this morning, which also happens to be my biggest. I am about half way round the front, about to do the windows above the main door, when the house owners wife comes out and starts chatting to me. A couple of minutes later i notice their cat sauntering along the front of the garage with something in its mouth which i couldnt see properly from where i was. The woman, however, screams!, and says the cat has a rabbit in its mouth, which is still alive!. She started pleading with me to help the rabbit, so i ran after the cat, which after about 20 meters drops the rabbit, which i am expecting to be lying in a pool of blood, barely alive. But no, the cat initially carried on in the direction i was chasing it, but the rabbit, starts running, in a different direction!. The cat, seeing the rabbit, starts veering round to catch it again, so i had to ward it off, while trying to keep an eye on the rabbit, which was heading towards a couple of cars and my van. After 5 mins of cat & mouse (cat mouse and window cleaner?!) chasing, i eventually caught the rabbit and took it back to the front of the house so i could sit down and examine it. The poor thing was very young, small, and obviously terrified, but didnt appear to be injured from its ordeal, so i went round the back of the house, well away from the cat, and let it go in a field at the other side of the wall. When i got back round to the front, the woman said that was the 2nd rabbit today (this is about 9.15!), and the other one wasnt so lucky!. She had already disposed of the 'leftovers'!, which consisted of about 40% of the body (no head) plus a seperate leg!,

cats, doncha just love them!.

Oddly enough, the rest of my day was quite boring! :)

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

thats what cats do, it is a respect thing for them, they bring to there owners

3. James

James Guru

Glad I don't have a cat, dogs are my favourite. Fair play for saving it though, your the woman's hero bbd :)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?daow1c

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I know mate, we have two ourselves, and they have brought us plenty of 'presents' over the years, sometimes alive, sometimes not!.

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I hope she gave you a tip?

6. simon

simon Guru

she was lying the 1st i will of been bubbling away in a stew

7. Paul

Paul Guest

A rite Steve irwin there chasing and wrestling rabbits, nice start to the day to keep the heart pumping.

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Ha, ha!, you never know, but she did say the 1st one was a young one, so there wouldnt have been much to stew!.

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I clean a farm & last year the woman was rounding up bulls into the field next to the farmhouse & she says 'oh come here would you and wave ur arms & usher the bull into that field'!

Oh yea, it must be 50x the weight of me! lol.

It seemed to go where I wanted it too tho. It could easily have just run at me & I'd have been outta there in a flash! ha.

The things we do eh...

10. James

James Guru

Screw bull herding I value my life :)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0hofci

Advertisement