Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What equipment shall I get.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys

Ok van and 350 ltr water tank sorted. Now I need everything else. Decided backpacks easiest for me to start off with.

Need a pole- what size and make shall I get?

Brush head needed?

Do I need hose?

Need ladders?

Backpack I'm going with the blue water genie I believe which is a trolley / backpack hybrid.

Tds meter?

Squeegee , applicator, scraper and scrims for odd bits.

Ubik and a spray applicator?

If you don't mind throwing your choices of stuff in here with rough cost it would be great.

Cheers

Are you buying or making pure?

I buy mine so don't have a tds meter as i can get him to show me his tds if I want but have never had any issues..always has about 4000l ready at one time

Pole and brush everyone will have they're own opinions

I have a cheap. Bayersan fibreglass one and will have new xline brush monday when i pick it up off water guy

Hose you will need 20 metres imo if backpack on trolley

Ladders are very handy for very awkward windows over big conservatories or conny roof cleans

Small 7 rung doubles will be plenty

Definitely some basic trad gear for insides or caught short with minimal water left

Ubik is a must for new cleans i reckon and just a hand sprayer (gardening type) will suffice to spray the brush with

Cheers dave boy.

I'm buying water mate. A Tds meter I think is ok to have just incase u need to check for whatever reason.

I was looking at a gardiner slx 22. Not sure if this is long enough though especially if I need to do veluxe windows or 3 story houses.

So many brushes to choose from I don't have a clue. Soft, med, hard and natural or man made fibres, splayed etc????

Yep trad gear is simple enough to get.

Ok ladders simple enough too.

Hose wise what maybe 30m microbore ? Anyone do it in sky blue colour? Will I need to attach a reel to my backpack?

Also ubik I was thinking in a weed killer type pump bottle and just spraying all over windows and frames on first cleans? What's the mixing ratio?

Cheers mate

You'll need an slx18 for standard work, (light, risgid and great for all normal houses ) then an slx30 for 3 story and Velux Windows

Best brushes that we all use with the Slx are Gardiner Supreme, I like the soft, but the medium hybrid is great,

Get a quick loq goose neck so you can change brushes quickly as you buy more in the future

I use ubik in a weedkiller type sprayer but it's a pain with top windows

Spray on brush and scrub with low flow or quickly with water off

Then clean properly

No need to leave to dwell as it is good stuff

I add a splosh to my sprayer and top up with water but i suppose if measured it would be about the same as making orange juice

You'll need an slx18 for standard work, (light, risgid and great for all normal houses ) then an slx30 for 3 story and Velux Windows
Best brushes that we all use with the Slx are Gardiner Supreme, I like the soft, but the medium hybrid is great,

Get a quick loq goose neck so you can change brushes quickly as you buy more in the future

Cheers jake.

That sounds good to me mate. Think the slx 18 comes with a goose kneck already on the new poles.

Ain't got the cash for an slx 30 too yet so will interesting when I have side windows that are 3 floors up!!

You'll have to save up pretty quick!

Otherwise just tell the customer that your waiting for a longer pole to be delivered, then charge more when you can get to the higher windows...

You can usually reach 3 story windows woth a 25ft, but you'll need a 30-35 for Velux windows on roofs...

Yeah they all come with free brush and gooseneck, so choose the Supreme medium hybrid (probably best all rounder) and then choose quick loq gooseneck...

Don't get a 22ft, as it won't be needed, the 18 is lighter and reaches all normal houses with ease...

You could do mate, but you'll soon need a carbon one at that height, you'll find it really heavy and difficult to work with, but if it gets you going - why not!

im new to wfp and i bought a slx 25 with a supreme soft hybrid brush. i also got the swivel goosneck. the one that screws to the head. i love the brush and pole. it can reach 3 story but as said velux needs a bit more reach. but if needed you can add extra lenghts to the pole. its light enough to use all day in my opinion. i then thought i need a sill brush so ordered the dual trim medium but i dont like it. it feels too stiff for me so iv gone back to the supreme soft. after a convo with gardiner i should have got the flocked sill brush as thats the closest to the supreme soft.

Cheers dave boy.
I'm buying water mate. A Tds meter I think is ok to have just incase u need to check for whatever reason.

I was looking at a gardiner slx 22. Not sure if this is long enough though especially if I need to do veluxe windows or 3 story houses.

So many brushes to choose from I don't have a clue. Soft, med, hard and natural or man made fibres, splayed etc????

Hose wise what maybe 30m microbore ? Anyone do it in sky blue colour? Will I need to attach a reel to my backpack?

Also ubik I was thinking in a weed killer type pump bottle and just spraying all over windows and frames on first cleans? What's the mixing ratio?

Cheers mate
sorry about this.

Im new to the game my self...

What sort of water are you buying and where from?

Nathan

Cheers dave boy.

Cheers mate
I have a SLX 25 and just about reach 3rd story, some mid roof line velux and doormers are out of reach. One option would be a 25 and add extension sections if you have occasional need for longer reach. But the ideal imo is to have a light short pole to cover 90% of your work (the workshorse) and a long one that comes out only when needed say a 39 or more just to cover all.

Back