Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

How many customers does the average window cleaner have, not on about the ones that employ staff, just a ballpark figure as I know some have 4 weekly and 8 weekly.

Varies a lot mate

Big houses..small houses..all depends what your work is like

Someone like boarcity would have a lot more than others as he does mostly council estates but others work in rural areas with better prices and bigger houses

The average house where i am i need about 100 customers per week to be full up

Varies a lot mateBig houses..small houses..all depends what your work is like

Someone like boarcity would have a lot more than others as he does mostly council estates but others work in rural areas with better prices and bigger houses

The average house where i am i need about 100 customers per week
You need to put your prices up mate /emoticons/wink.png

Haha

I don't do 100 customers a week as i do other odds and sods also but I could easily accomodate it

At my prices i do a good weeks work already lol

We can't all price up like you or Dominic Littlewood will be round with his film crew

I have a mixture of town and country, so can understand what your saying was just wondering what others have, bloody hell I couldn't manage 100 customers a week would kill me.

I employ staff, but per employee about 250-300 per month.
Thanks for the answer, taking that as five days a week if you don't mind me asking approx how many hours per day are they working, as I think I have enough I normally start at around 9.00 and generally finish between 1.00 and 3.00 just not sure whether to take much more work on lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
HahaI don't do 100 customers a week as i do other odds and sods also but I could easily accomodate it

At my prices i do a good weeks work already lol

We can't all price up like you or Dominic Littlewood will be round with his film crew
I was waiting for the Dominic Littlewood comment :rof:

It's up to the customer if they want to pay it. I'm don't force them (often:eek:).

Thanks for the answer, taking that as five days a week if you don't mind me asking approx how many hours per day are they working, as I think I have enough I normally start at around 9.00 and generally finish between 1.00 and 3.00 just not sure whether to take much more work on lol.
In total I have between 750-800 customers. Two employees and myself. We all work 4 days. 8am until when we finish. I don't track hours per say. I give my staff daily target to hit, if they hit them, they can go home early, and I pay them for the 32 hours per week. 8 hours per day 4 days a week. But they often finish their shift between 3-4 o'clock.

The reason they are only 4 days, is that's all I can gaurentee them with the weather(especially over the winter, in Scotland). So if they cant complete there 32 hours, because of 'for instance' torrential rain 5 days a week. They work the weekend, and do what they can, and I still pay them for the full 32 hours. If I contracted them over 5/6 days these occasions would cost me a fortune. So I keep it to four days, and the weather very seldom stops them hitting their target.

If I was on my own however, I would want to be out 6 days if I could, to help make up for times when I couldn't get as much done with pour weather. I used to do almost 300 on my own before deciding it was too much, and took on an employee to help out. But that was 8-6 every day no early finishes, and out Saturdays most of the time as well.

In total I have between 750-800 customers. Two employees and myself. We all work 4 days. 8am until when we finish. I don't track hours per say. I give my staff daily target to hit, if they hit them, they can go home early, and I pay them for the 32 hours per week. 8 hours per day 4 days a week. But they often finish their shift between 3-4 o'clock.

The reason they are only 4 days, is that's all I can gaurentee them with the weather(especially over the winter, in Scotland). So if they cant complete there 32 hours, because of 'for instance' torrential rain 5 days a week. They work the weekend, and do what they can, and I still pay them for the full 32 hours. If I contracted them over 5/6 days these occasions would cost me a fortune. So I keep it to four days, and the weather very seldom stops them hitting their target.

If I was on my own however, I would want to be out 6 days if I could, to help make up for times when I couldn't get as much done with pour weather. I used to do almost 300 on my own before deciding it was too much, and took on an employee to help out. But that was 8-6 every day no early finishes, and out Saturdays most of the time as well.

Very informative post, I know I could take on more but don't want the job to take over my life. I'm enjoying the work at the moment maybe if it starts to grow to much in the future I could take someone on part time.

Thanks again for the answer.

Hi guys

What do you guys do when it gets dark about 4 are jobs just carried on to following day or left till in the area next

Hi guys
What do you guys do when it gets dark about 4 are jobs just carried on to following day or left till in the area next
When I first started, I had a scheduling system (aka diary from wh smiths) I gave everyone a booking, not knowing any better, booked loads in between 4-6. I found allot of inside jobs in closes, where the custy was not back from work until 5ish. These were my ideal custy for these slots. Over the winter, they didn't seem to mind it being dark. Because they were too high to clean from outside I was turning there windows in, so it really wasn't an issue.

Now I dont give any times, just tell them its once a month, and do everything in order. I also dont bother with inside jobs. Most of the time I am finished about 4, but running a little late wont bother many customers. Hours of daylight will be 8.15 to 4.15 fairly soon were I am from. Not the best for outdoor workers. But you manage.

When I first started, I had a scheduling system (aka diary from wh smiths) I gave everyone a booking, not knowing any better, booked loads in between 4-6. I found allot of inside jobs in closes, where the custy was not back from work until 5ish. These were my ideal custy for these slots. Over the winter, they didn't seem to mind it being dark. Because they were too high to clean from outside I was turning there windows in, so it really wasn't an issue.
Now I dont give any times, just tell them its once a month, and do everything in order. I also dont bother with inside jobs. Most of the time I am finished about 4, but running a little late wont bother many customers. Hours of daylight will be 8.15 to 4.15 fairly soon were I am from. Not the best for outdoor workers. But you manage.
Think I will be booking in a extra days in some areas when it gets dark Iam not that fast when customers keep stoping me and talking oh and the cups of coffee with cake gotta learn to say no thanks

Hi guys
Well the shortest days I think are 7 hours of light but that doesn't last long. 7 hours cleaning windows is a looong time. Soon be back to 8 hours and above.

Personally I would build a round based on the shortest day of the year then in winter you are full and when the days get longer you can fill them up with extras if you choose

20 a day is an easy to manage figure round here with most being average 2 up 1 down and a door type houses..only takes a few minutes to clean

Or when i have townhouse day in 1 particular area they only take 20 minutes tops so 15 is a nice amount to go with

It isn't often i have a day without some sort of add on type job so my figures go out the window most days

Latest Posts

Back