Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's having success advertising on Facebook?

PJ Bullard

Is anyone? I've had success before and picked up several but as of late, diddly skawt. Also a lot of the groups I've found state that no business posts are allowed. Of course there are business groups but who goes on these? Your much more likely to get work from the buy sell groups. Which ones are good for the getting? Facebay is hit and miss. Some of the admins dont upload your posts I've found. Any other groups? The mums network ones would be nice to get into but of course, Im not a mum.

Just seeing what others have had luck with. Im also going to start getting my custys to review my page like chris33 recommended. That way when they look on the page, they will be more likely to call me.

Whos having reg success on facebook?

Facebook customers tend to have a reputation of being messers, bad payers, wanting the work done immediately and being slow payers.

I've had my fair share of facebook customers like that but I've also got loads who are as good as gold.

I built my round using facebook. It gave me enough work to leave my old job and I've obviously gained many more customers since then through walk-ups, word of mouth, leaflets, etc.

Having good reviews on your page helps but in order for the reviews to be worth anything you need to get people to your page in the first place.

Round my way there's dozens of local facebook groups ranging from selling pages to business recommendations. Pick the five/ten/whatever groups with the most subscribers. There's no point posting your advert/link to your age to a group with 350 followers when you can be posting it to groups with 15000 followers.

I found the key to posting is to do it consistently. Once in the morning and then again in the evening. Around 7.30pm is good for the evening one as people have put their kids to bed and settled down for the evening.

Eventually you'll become known on the groups and will be the guy that's remembered when someone posts "can anyone recommend a window cleaner". As you pick up more customers, they'll start recommending you when they see requests for window cleaners (which seems to happen quite a lot where I live).

It can be hard to keep up with the different rules of each of the groups. Some let you post once per day, some only let you bump your post once every eight hours, etc. Make a note of each groups rules as you go otherwise you'll end up ******* off the admin and be banned from the group.

Another thing worth considering if you're trying to crack facebook is paid adverting. I think I mentioned in a thread yesterday that I paid £20 for a weeks advertising on facebook. They say my post will reach something like ten thousand people. You can set the area you'd like your ad to reach, the age of the people that see it etc. I'm also sharing the same ad to about eight different groups twice a day. In 48 hours my ad has been seen by 4900 people, 378 of which have clicked on the ad and viewed my facebook page. Nine of those people have contacted me for a quote. Not a massive return but not bad for £20 and it's still got another five days to run.

I'm banging on a bit now but give me a shout if you want any other pointers.

Nice one thanks for the info. I didn't even think of paying fb to advertise my page, but maybe I should given the numbers your quoting there. As you say, 9 returns is not bad for a score.

After I just posted that thread, someone texted me from fb. She said can you give me a price for a 3 bed maisonette top floor - it hasn't been done for years and needs doing badly. So I texted back saying first clean is £25, after that maintenance cleans are £15-20, would need to see it first. She text back straight away and said, oh thanks but somebodys already quoted me £10!! My guess is some wally on a ladder thinks he will get up to a second floor maisonette and clean it on the cheap...good luck with that. Anyone using pure cant afford to operate at those prices

Anyway, cheers bud hopefully I can get some responses

Nice one thanks for the info. I didn't even think of paying fb to advertise my page, but maybe I should given the numbers your quoting there. As you say, 9 returns is not bad for a score.
After I just posted that thread, someone texted me from fb. She said can you give me a price for a 3 bed maisonette top floor - it hasn't been done for years and needs doing badly. So I texted back saying first clean is £25, after that maintenance cleans are £15-20, would need to see it first. She text back straight away and said, oh thanks but somebodys already quoted me £10!! My guess is some wally on a ladder thinks he will get up to a second floor maisonette and clean it on the cheap...good luck with that. Anyone using pure cant afford to operate at those prices

Anyway, cheers bud hopefully I can get some responses
Good luck and give me a shout if you need anything else Facebook related.

You're probably right about her finding someone desperate for the job who will do it for peanuts. One thing worth considering is that she may have been put off by the £25 first clean. I only cover a very small, compact area so I always have a look before giving a price. That's not to say you're pricing too high but had you quoted in person you might have looked at it and seen that it was only cleaned a few months back and wouldn't take anywhere near as long as you'd originally thought. It's also easier to 'sell' yourself and your services to customers in person than it is by message. Explaining the work involved, pointing out hard to reach windows, offering to clear the overgrown gutters, etc, etc. Just a thought really.

That's not to say you're pricing too high but had you quoted in person
Totally. I get 80% of all jobs because I quote in person and I always get the first clean price as well as I walk them round the property talking about how I'm going to do the frames, sills etc. Also you get to see the gutters, drives and see if theres anything else they need quotes for.

Normally I quote on site and insist on it, but this text implied that she wanted an answer or a ball park figure, so I gave it to her. It also said in the msg that it was really dirty and hadn't be done in a long time. Theres no way I'd ever clean a 3 bed maisonette for a tenner and esp one thats been neglected.

@Adams0211 if the job was just around the corner, I would have gone there but as it happens, it was pretty far! Anyway fingers crossed I can get some work from fb. Im gonna post at half 7 tonight like you suggested and will try and do one every morning as well. Let you know how I get on

£20 = 9 Leads.

6 actually want quotes.

3 sign up for a monthly at £10 per go and 1 at bi-monthly at say £15 per pop.

That's not 'not bad' it's bl@@dy outstanding return on investment.

£450 per year for £20.

I'd throw out £20 notes all day long for returns like that.

@PJ Bullard I also used to quote over the net or phone,after checking the property out on Google maps.

In person is best IMO too,as there could well be issues with the job you can't see from pics etc.

As per fb, try just typing in the search bar the names of towns or villages you wana target..see what comes up per groups.

I've started asking customers to share my fb business page,that's got me a few localised jobs too.

It's all gone a bit quiet with my paid facebook advert although It's now been seen by over 5500 people.

Still, like Green says, the return isn't bad. I've had ten inquires. Eight accepted the quote so far and I'm waiting to hear back from two.

I've got £70 in one-off jobs and £650 (per year) in four weekly cleans.

Not bad for £20 and it's still running until Monday.

well, i usually moan about Fb not working for me, but since ive really been caning it with 2 ads per day every day at around 50 groups per time ive had 16 enquiries in 2 weeks, 3 were too far away and of the others only converted 6 but still better than usual, i did have to lower my prices slightly on a couple but nevermind.

It does work but you need to be on it relentless, that said ive done the same before and had very little so a lot of its down to luck, just need to keep posting regardless.

What can be good is getting little tip offs, like oh the windy in our street has gone missing and our neighbours will probably want a cleaner too.

I find paid adds not really worth it, ive had 9000 views on one of my posts in 3 days but i do have a massive amount of groups near me that i can use, around 100 groups.

@adamangler 9000 views! That group must be huge. Biggest I've here has 50,000 members and I don't get near that mate.
6 new customers ain't bad going:)

no thats not one group.

thats in 3 days, posted in 50 groups per day

Theres about 100+ groups that i use in my area

considering travelling a bit further as i get a fair few enquires out of my reach.

View attachment 8793 My £20 for seven days advert came to an end earlier. I'll have to double check my diary for exact figures but I had in the region of fifteen people contact me for quotes, approximately ten or eleven of which were accepted. Just over five hundred people showed enough interest in my advert to either view the photo or click through to my business page.

I started off the week by sharing the advert to approx eight groups twice a day but as the week went on I kept forgetting to do it. I'll have to set a reminder on my phone next time.

Just over seven thousand people saw my advert over the course of the week. Half the views were from me sharing the advert to the local groups, the other half were directly from the paid advertising. The more you pay per day, the more people Facebook pushes your advert to.

I really think that as far as advertising on Facebook goes, the more you put in, the more you get out.

Back