Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stained Lead On Self Cleaning Glass Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Got another new job today. She wants her conny roof cleaned as well on the first clean. One problem that I saw was that the lead flashing between the house brickwork and the self cleaning glass has bled onto the glass. This is going to be a pig. How do I get it clean? From my experience this has never come up that well in the past. It will be done wfp btw.

Ideas?

This has been covered before on here.

"from memory" acid type cleaner will fetch it off.

I dont mean ubik either /emoticons/sad.png

I wouldnt touch with a barge pole either (acid)

don't, I had this prob and got told it was a acid job and to avoid, but if you want to look like you are giving it a go, try jif on a scrubber

Acid may/will remove the hydrophobic layer on the self cleaning glass which will need to be re-coated if cleaned with acid.

It might be easier to test an area with normal cleaning as the bleeding may just be sat on top of this layer and wipe off.

The only thing i know that has cleaned it in the past was alloy wheel cleaner (acid based)

But again one hell of a risk.

just say, "have asked around and there isn't anything that will remove and not damage the glass" you could be opening your self to a world of hassle

Tell them the lead stains will only come back anyway and using acid/strong chems on self cleaning glass will void any guarantee

If they are that worried about it best get them to contact the firm that installed it if still under guarantee that is.

Back