Advertising in local magazine's

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Dave85, Jul 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dave85

Dave85 Member

Hi guys dose anyone advertise there window cleaning services in the local pages magazines that get delivered to every home and business in your local area.not sure if these magazines are used everywhere but the one where I live is £40 per month and is delivered to over 25 thousands homes which sounds good but I have missed the deadline to advertise now until October. But was wondering if they are worth it

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I paid £180 for a page in a mag that got delivered to 10'000 homes in NG4

I got three phone calls, two nearly choked when I gave a price and the third is a bungalow front only at £10. Will take a year and half just to get my money back.

3. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

just go out door knocking people like to c a face

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yup, just not yours! :)) (Sorry T, couldn't resist)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. karlin

karlin Newcomer

I haven't advertised on local newspapers but I have done direct mail marketing. It got new several inquiries and few leads. So if you ask me I would say it's worth it but then you need to choose your campaign wisely

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

Lmfao green . Also some on here may keep it a secret how to bild a round

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

#7 adamangler, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    I used one for 3 months. I got 2 calls for window cleaning.

I also had on my add gutters connys upvc and carpets.

I paid 90 a month for 48k homes.

I sacked it off after 3 months as I thought it wasn't worth it. But since I've sacked it I've had 2 carpet jobs, 2 full up vs fascias and a couple of bits. All in all it probably pays for its self but not much more.

For purely windows I would say no. I think it works best for businesses where one call could be a few hundred quid job.

Having said that I'm going to start mine back up soon and use it alongside an email marketting campaign. The plan from now on is to go after bigger jobs and sign them up to my automated email reminders along with a new website and social media/google review building. The idea is to get the business name known on the local area. Mainly because I'm moving away from windows into more of an all round property service.

For window cleaning you would be better spending the money on a canvassing company imo.

Advertisement