Advertising Methods That Work?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Colley614, Aug 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Colley614

Colley614 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

In the last few weeks I've been approached by yell.com and a local business that does online marketing who can manage my twitter and facebook pages along with things like adwords. Now I manage my facebook and twitter myself and could easily manage with adwords but I don't know if they work.

So I was just wondering if any of you use any types of advertising like this and more importantly do they work?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

im on yell and pay to be on the first page in my area, and not had a single job from it yet!

3. Iain

Iain Guru

No suprise there! They're great at getting people to sign up but the problem is people don't actually use Yell to search for what they're looking for anymore. The free option with Yell produces very similar CTR (click through rates).

AdWords is good, I've seen some really positive results from this but you need to know what you're doing to get the most from it.

Facebook works really well for window cleaners and as long as you maintain a regular appearance on the groups then you'll be laughing.

And it would be a crime for me not to mention about having a well laid out website with properly optimised pages...

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Facebook works a treat for me and I'm getting a few from gumtree as well but Having to give em to GMeister cos they're closer to him lol, it was free though so as long as someones gaining from it.

5. muckoffcleaning

muckoffcleaning Newcomer

I get a bit from adwords..but you have to manage the costs closely.. it can be expensive compared to your returns.

6. I have to disagree re the Yell point. We get a lot of business from Yell domestic and commercial.

Other ways Facebook, twitter as already stated. Other methods which have been really good for us are school magazines / leaflets. Local post office - we have put our A5 add in 7 post offices in our surrounding areas for 6 months and cost only £91. :)

7. harunh

harunh Legend

I dont get work through facebook or twitter.... Yell.com has got me a few good jobs :D

8. mr shine

mr shine Guru

ive only herd negative responses to yell on most of the forums

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Adwords is a good way to get noticed if your website isn't on page 1.. You can do different campaigns for different services etc.. Iv had Adwords running for about 2/3 weeks? And it's cost me £11.. But have had a commercial to price up and a few gutters/ window cleans..

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Lol, When I signed up for yell.com they guy linked me with his account on yell. I got to see his screen basicly, he was showing me prices etc and how it worked. I seen how much it would cost for sponsored listing for window cleaning, it was about 2k a year lol. That gave you 1st page at the top on yell. Im 1st page 5th and I only pay 15 a month lol. If you word it write you can also rank high in other catagoires

Ive got a few jobs from it, enough to justify paying for it anyway.

You cannot go wrong with Facebook! Its free and ive got loadz of customers from there, its also a great way just to get your name out there and let people know your there.

I wouldnt pay any one to do it though, You can lick your Facebook account and Twiter account, So you would only need to update one of them really

Advertisement