Advertising Methods

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by DoubleACleaningServices, Feb 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. has anyone done advertising with the likes of yell or thomson local or any other, what kind of business does this generate if any?

Are there any better places?

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

The Yell directory is one of the best paid directories. They're sold through City Listings but NEVER pay the asking price. With a bit of haggling you can get away with half price.

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Tried thompson - got a few hits, but not much

Used Yell - VVVVVery much over priced, but it did bring some work in.

As a result of being in yellow pages I was invited to tender for loads of larger contracts - but didn't really get much out of it as the companies that were calling seemed to be calling every wc in the book and going with the cheapest.

4. James

James Guru

I'm currently with Yell.com and as Dave said it's too overpriced in my oppinion.

I'm getting bits & pieces work wise but nothing amazing. for £46.50 a month for four months I will not be doing it again.

James.

5. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

ive got a yell.com paid add 156 for the year including vat, ive had a couple of jobs off it but not enough to justify i yet. the only problem i have with the add is that other advertising companys mainly ones ive never heard of ring me up about 2 a week trying to get me to pay for adds that cost more than yell.com

6. James

James Guru

I've also had this. I've had Google ring me recently wanting me to pay £100 for a months listing on their site at number 1 position.

Anyone else had this?

James.

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

have you done google places james its free and puts you ner the top on a google search

8. Reform

Reform Guest

yh, ive had those calls too. tho there not actually part of google. never tried it tho

ive cancelled my yell.com too. each year it just about paid for it self, but not much more so its not worth the out lay

9. Yes ive been thinking about yell.com as its the place i would probably look for a window cleaner.
    what size add is that with yell James?

yeah i haggled thomson local down to about half price but still wasn't sure if it was worth while doing it.

I have a friend who does mobile dog grooming and 80% of his work comes from yell and he is rammed, maybe window cleaning is a different kettle of fish then.

are there any forms of advertising that are worth while or is it just a case of getting high on google?

10. Reform

Reform Guest

i think spending the money on improving website ranking would be better than yell.com. I think most people would just google a search rather than go to yell, then do a search.....but i might be wrong.

getting on google maps is well worth doing too (and free)

Also i am very su****ious how yell rotate the order of ads. obviously, in most areas there are many window cleaners and alot of them advertise in yell, every time i tried looking myself up on yell, i wasnt even on the first page! but when i complained i would suddenly be moved up....for a few days.

Advertisement