Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another hypo dilution question.

You would want about a 3% strength mix

If it is 10% you need to do the maths

10% needs to be diluted to 3% so 10÷3=3.3

For every litre of mix you want 330ml and the rest water so 20l would be 13.4l water and 6.6l hypo

You would want about a 3% strength mix

If it is 10% you need to do the maths

10% needs to be diluted to 3% so 10÷3=3.3

For every litre of mix you want 330ml and the rest water so 20l would be 13.4l water and 6.6l hypo
Ime no good at maths but shortly that's not right that's 50 % hypo ?? 

That is correct you are no good at maths lol

You cant dilute 10% hypo with just over twice the amount of water and make stronger than 10% hypo

The strength of it has been diluted by just over 2 3rds making 3%

If it helps i just found this on the nasw website

Using this way you can have a rough guess and then check it

Then adjust stronger or weaker in your head and check that

Screenshot_20170601-181324.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortly 13.4 ltr of water and 6.6 ltr of hypo is a stronger mix than 3% ???? Am I missing something , I use 15%strength  hypo and put 5 ltr of hypo with 20 ltr of water , for most applications as a strong mix , if I want it weaker I use 4 ltr hypo to 20 ltr of water am I using it incorrectly?? Genuine question not trying to be funny ??

Hey i could do with a little help here guys, using wfp system this 10 years. Have been scrapping moss of roofs also, looking into the softwashing but need help on whats the best water pump to buy. I'll be running it from drums of mixed hypo in the back of my transit. So i need a pump that will last long since im using this mix. Thanks .k.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

SoftWash Technology UK Home of UK SoftWashing Pump Systems

for some resion links cant be pasted on thois forum any more wich is blady inoying but this sight above has some good set ups 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back