Advice For Gaining Work

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Ian, Oct 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ian

Ian Member

Hi
    I do leaflet drops. Not to sure on door knocking as im not very confident.
    I have 28 customers lost a few recently who dont want them cleaned for a few months.
    Is door knocking the way to go? What days/times are best?
    Most of my customers have been from word of mouth and leaflets. picked up 1 from my website and 1 from internet directory.
    There are a lot of houses is my area with awkard windows so I have been slowly building a pole system for that but all customers i have spoke to want windows done trad not with pure water.
    i would love to earn full time money like some of you guys.
    any advice please.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'm exactly the same mate, no confidence but I've got to get out and knock so my advice is get out there. As for the awkward windows just do those wfp if it'll get you the work.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Knocking doors is the way forward if your just starting out. Do you have alink to your website?

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Did you ever get round to door knocking? lol

5. laddergarder

Yeah mate you need to get out there and canvas. I would recommend, between the hours of 6pm and 8pm, during the week. A for customers not wanting awkward windows done with a WFP. Don't ask them, tell them they have to be done that way for safety reasons. Quote the working at heights regulations, and get a little fact sheet made up about WFP's to educate them a little on how it works.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

haha not yet mate, I'll get it done soon.

7. mark m

mark m Hero

Good advice

Where are you from Ian ?

8. laddergarder

No offense intended here pal just advice that might help, when you canvas & work, don't do it wearing tracky bottoms and with your collar up. Just my opinion, but the smarter you look the better you'll do when it comes to picking up work.

9. Squeak and Bubbles

Before I set my business up 3 years ago, I was in sales and marketing for many years. Yet I have not gone out and knocked doors for window cleaning. I have just paid a canvassing company 6k for 3k worth of monthly work.

Door knocking isn't for me, but I'm not paying anymore money for canvassing, so going to have to give it a try.

Going to try my hand in canvassing this Saturday to see how I get on... will let you know how I did!

10. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

just a quick question, if you paid 6k for 3k of work why do you now need to go and canvass?

Advertisement