Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oh Dear Me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

go back and rince top opener glass on all windows one the furst flor then start at furst windo and rince glass below top opener ,that way it will have stoped driping off wots a buth .and i wood all ways recomed useing sumet else to wash with be for going WFP
That was almost as hard to read as some of H's posts.

Update... Just stopped for a bite to eat. Have not touched the very dirty part of the frame at the top, have set flow to 30. So far so good. Running out of water sharpish though.... Only got 50 litres left.

My first cleans were shocking ( thank God I practised on my own flat & Mums house first!) & I thought the system must be rubbish, but it was all down to technique & proper rinsing. I videoed another guy working across the road & watched it carefully to see how he did it and by copying him, my results were 100 times better immediately. Watch a few guides on You tube first - it really helps. Better technique will save your water and effort, & most of all your reputation to get more clients instead of complaints! Good luck

I realize the back chat this will create but please keep it reserved. Firstly please don't use the wording Reach & Wash it's a registered trademark of Ionic Systems and can only be used with the authorized permission of Ionic's, this protects the companies quality and reputation on producing high quality systems.

Secondly and probably more helpful would be to attend a professional training course understanding how pure water is produced, what's the chemistry behind pure water and what it will do and won't do. Hints and tips for first cleans and different cleaning technics for different frames and windows you will come across. Using waterfed poles correctly and safety advice + more.......

Obviously I will be recommending the BWCA please visit their website at www.bwca.co.uk for more info and future training days.

I guarantee you will come away from this so more confident and ready to tackle any job + being able to confidently discuss your new service on a one to one.

yes it cud help in hind site i may well have gon on one of the corses ,and im not an ionic fan of ther over priced eqipment

I realize the back chat this will create but please keep it reserved. Firstly please don't use the wording Reach & Wash it's a registered trademark of Ionic Systems and can only be used with the authorized permission of Ionic's, this protects the companies quality and reputation on producing high quality systems.

Secondly and probably more helpful would be to attend a professional training course understanding how pure water is produced, what's the chemistry behind pure water and what it will do and won't do. Hints and tips for first cleans and different cleaning technics for different frames and windows you will come across. Using waterfed poles correctly and safety advice + more.......

Obviously I will be recommending the BWCA please visit their website at www.bwca.co.uk for more info and future training days.

I guarantee you will come away from this so more confident and ready to tackle any job + being able to confidently discuss your new service on a one to one.
What about ''Reach and Wash'' or ''Reach n Wash'' Are these registered?

Are you asking us not to use your registered trademark words:

1: when posting on this forum regarding systems that are not sold by Ionics

2: In advertising material, websites, vehicle signwriting

3: When talking to our customers

4: All of the above

???

So who trained the first trainer? It's not rocket science to wash windows with pure water you know or is it?

£130 + vat for a one day course seems a bit of a rip off to me.

Session 1

• Introduction
  • Pure Water Explained
  • Cleaning Science of Pure H2O
  • Equip Selection & Maintenace
  • Controlling Risk
  • Road Safety Issues
  • Control of Legionella Bacteria

Session 2

• WFP Cleaning - Theory
  • Overcoming Problem Windows
  • WFP Cleaning - Practical
  • Manual Handling
  • WFP Guidance Notes
  • Spot-Free Results
  • Timesaving
  • Marketing With WFP

What about ''Reach and Wash'' or ''Reach n Wash'' Are these registered?
The phrase "Reach and Wash" and the symbol are registered trademarks. I wouldn't be surprised if the variations are also registered. Even if they aren't, they could still argue that they're similar enough to also be their intellectual property.

Are you asking us not to use your registered trademark words:

1: when posting on this forum regarding systems that are not sold by Ionics

2: In advertising material, websites, vehicle signwriting

3: When talking to our customers

4: All of the above

???
If you want to use their logo and/or trademark, you need to get their permission otherwise they could quite easily take action against you. This includes flyers, websites and signwriting. I know there are 100s of vans out there with their logo but I can't speak for them to say whether they obtained this permission or not. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

If they were going to take action against someone infringing on their trademark then this would probably just start with some mediation where you would probably just be asked to remove the logo from your vehicle/website/flyers.

Lots of information on the IPO website.

The phrase "Reach and Wash" and the symbol are registered trademarks. I wouldn't be surprised if the variations are also registered. Even if they aren't, they could still argue that they're similar enough to also be their intellectual property.

If you want to use their logo and/or trademark, you need to get their permission otherwise they could quite easily take action against you. This includes flyers, websites and signwriting. I know there are 100s of vans out there with their logo but I can't speak for them to say whether they obtained this permission or not. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

If they were going to take action against someone infringing on their trademark then this would probably just start with some mediation where you would probably just be asked to remove the logo from your vehicle/website/flyers.

Lots of information on the IPO website.
I thought that, I very rarely here people say Reach & Wash. The most common name as you all know is WFP. Thats all Ive known it by

I saw a van on the road a few months back with their logo on. I wasn't going to pull him over and tell him that he's infringing on Ionic's trademark but if I was I'd do it in my very best geek voice! If it was one of my customers I think I'd say something though.

I saw a van on the road a few months back with their logo on. I wasn't going to pull him over and tell him that he's infringing on Ionic's trademark but if I was I'd do it in my very best geek voice! If it was one of my customers I think I'd say something though.
It would be hard to tell if they were though. Is there some sort of certificate you get for using there name? Im guessing it would be in your best interest too to tell them, well if they wanted the logo on there site? Would you get in ''trouble'' too?

Fairs fair, Reach & Wash belongs to Ionics, if you buy a system from them they let you use it, if you don't buy one of their systems you can't, you pays your money you takes your choice. It's certainly a very well recognised name/logo here, though most people don't actually understand exactly what it is. The question is weather you would want to use it anyway? A short while ago I was sat at the side of the road taking a phone call, just as I started to pull away a car coming in the other direction flagged me down, the woman driver started to ask me about window cleaning when she saw the Reach & Wash logo on the side of my van, (absolutely legitimately, I am entitled to use it) she said to me something like "oh, I see you are a Reach & Wash cleaner, I don't want that, my current window cleaner uses it and it doesn't work". It has become a double edged sword because lots of guys who have legitimate systems can't or won't produce high quality work, and that has in my opinion tarnished the whole thing.

While I'm completely in agreement about Ionics right to the logo (that is a blatant rip-off of an old British Telecom one) - its their claim to the words that makes my blood boil.

I did look into this a couple of years back, and at that time "Reach & Wash" was registered, but "Reach and Wash" was not.

I personally would never be tempted to use logo or words as I would never want to aid in promoting a company that has been selling very expensive systems with very high running costs to unsuspecting newbies for years. The more recent lies about their PPB systems being 1000x better just infuriated me further,... I will NEVER buy from Ionics, never recommend them.

The only thing I have got from Ionics was resin as was the cheapest at that time. Regarding thier systems I could not agree more njones...

I have a Grafter plus pole as a back up now and nearly brought a system through them but got terrible customer service so pulled out, gladly!!

I will say though when I started out I did the BWCA course in trad and wfp. This was money very well spent!! Some really useful information for a beginner for trad work that has saved me a lot of time and money!

Re the wfp course, this course is invaluable. Knowing the science behind how pure water works, system set ups etc first cleans was all really good stuff. I have been trading nearly 3 years an have never received a complaint on any wfp work! There are a lot of people on this forum who are constantly asking how wfp works and this would be an ideal course to do.

Its an investment in you, your ability and your company!

Plus you become a member of the clear choice scheme which has gained me several domestic and commercial jobs.

Back