Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed. 35 foot pole: Gardiner SLX or Phoenix MKII ?

StorminNorman

Have a lot of 4 story apartment houses around where I live and cant see doing them with my 25 feet Renegade alu pole (which is absolutely fantastic value for money when you just start with wfp) .

So decided to invest in a 35 feet pole to get more work in as it looks that nobody cleaned those windows for years..

So what pole to go for? Gardiner or Phoenix?

Window cleaning warehouse have deals on phoeinx right now I believe
Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Yes I checked. And the price match Gardiners SLX now. If not it is even more expensive and I was just wondering is it so much better or just overpriced.

Watergenie viper poles are 10% cheaper, lighter as well from the cleaning warehouse
The gardiners clamps are what make the difference imo

You don't get the problem of spinning sections due to wear as they adjust with a twist of a **** and have shims in them

A lot better than the old clamps

The gardiners clamps are what make the difference imoYou don't get the problem of spinning sections due to wear as they adjust with a twist of a **** and have shims in them

A lot better than the old clamps
Never used a gardiners pole, but the water genie clamps havent given me and issues at all, never had a spinning section yet

Gardiners:thumbsup: All I've had, I have a 25ft with 2 extensions on it,, to make it 34-35ft pole,

I have awkward windows of at a 45 degree windows over extenstions, rather high up and I dont extend the first section to keep the rigidity, have thought of getting the extreme for working at these angles and heights, price is a bit steep though.

you answered you own question , you have a LOT of high stuff , which in turns means THERE A LOT MORE TO HAVE , meaning you can EARN lots of money , so stop messing around , beg ,steal , borrow , sell , do what you have to do to buy the best either a extreme or a ultimate

the easyer you make the work the better job you will do and you will keep the work for longer meaning you EARN more , as when your arms and back start hurting you will automaticly start cutting corners and try and save yourself even when you think your not doing it

clever people would buy a ulitmaite pole , on a 0% free card and pay it off monthly if they cant afford to buy it out right , any extra work you pick up take that and pay it all off the card this way its only costing you time and energy it will be paid off in no time

Extreme or ultimate would be nice for sure.

I suggest the Water Genie Viper 35ft. No issues with clamps at all.

And I actually own both Gardiners SLX poles and Water Genie Vipers so my opinion is based on actual experience.

Also The Cleaning Warehouse strive to always be 10% cheaper than Gardiners.

Bear in mind the industry leading customer service you get with Gardiners. Plus all the accessories, extensions etc to fit their own poles. Add to that the patented "smart clamp" feature exclusive to Gardiners which absolutely do extend the service life of the poles considerably. The SLX is on it's Third generation now (I think) and is generally regarded as the worlds best every day water fed pole by the vast majority of window cleaners on numerous forums. You decide whether all this and more is worth saving 10% and taking a gamble on another pole.

Bear in mind the industry leading customer service you get with Gardiners. Plus all the accessories, extensions etc to fit their own poles. Add to that the patented "smart clamp" feature exclusive to Gardiners which absolutely do extend the service life of the poles considerably. The SLX is on it's Third generation now (I think) and is generally regarded as the worlds best every day water fed pole by the vast majority of window cleaners on numerous forums. You decide whether all this and more is worth saving 10% and taking a gamble on another pole.
Ive never had a problem with the cleaning warehouses customer service, and i believe @Green Pro Clean Ltd put a video up of them attacking a viper with a sander a few months back and had no effect on the pole. I wouldnt call it a gamble, its a simple choice. When i get round to upgrading my pole ill be going with whatever the cheapest option is at the time between gardiners and water genie, not what people percieve is better have had a good experience with water genie poles and gardiners must be good as everyone raves about them. Plus the water genie pole already come tubeless and you can order them with univalve installed

Ive never had a problem with the cleaning warehouses customer service, and i believe @Green Pro Clean Ltd put a video up of them attacking a viper with a sander a few months back and had no effect on the pole. I wouldnt call it a gamble, its a simple choice. When i get round to upgrading my pole ill be going with whatever the cheapest option is at the time between gardiners and water genie, not what people percieve is better have had a good experience with water genie poles and gardiners must be good as everyone raves about them. Plus the water genie pole already come tubeless and you can order them with univalve installed
That may well be the case but given that someone less experienced with the poles in question has the choice between one that has Two user reviews and relatively very little longevity data and another which has thousands of positive, experienced user reviews and masses of longevity data- then that is the "gamble" which I relate to. The water Genie might well be a decent pole but no one can give any data on it's longevity. I have also used an SLX since the day they were released which must be what, 8 years ago? I retired my first one and it is kept as a spare but my second one is approx 4 to 5 years old- a 25ft SLX used every day and still in use today!

You say you will go with the cheapest- you may save a tenner on the initial purchase but the pole only have a service life 65% of the slightly more expensive one. So in reality the cheapest one has cost you considerably more. Value and cost are very different elements which are very often confused. I have a mate the same, he knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing!/emoticons/biggrin.png

It is his choice of course

That may well be the case but given that someone less experienced with the poles in question has the choice between one that has Two user reviews and relatively very little longevity data and another which has thousands of positive, experienced user reviews and masses of longevity data- then that is the "gamble" which I relate to. The water Genie might well be a decent pole but no one can give any data on it's longevity. I have also used an SLX since the day they were released which must be what, 8 years ago? I retired my first one and it is kept as a spare but my second one is approx 4 to 5 years old- a 25ft SLX used every day and still in use today!
You say you will go with the cheapest- you may save a tenner on the initial purchase but the pole only have a service life 65% of the slightly more expensive one. So in reality the cheapest one has cost you considerably more. Value and cost are very different elements which are very often confused. I have a mate the same, he knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing!/emoticons/biggrin.png

It is his choice of course
Be fair in your 'objective' topic of longevity

You have owned a pole for 8 years. Well done. Good for you.

However just cause you have owned a pole for 8 years that has been available for 8 years does by no stretch of the imagination mean that a pole that has only been available for 18 months only have a life expectancy of another 4.5 years mate.

Come back in 2021 when the Viper poles I bought have failed and then say I told you so. Or perhaps find you were wrong and they are still going strong.

This is not a debate or argument it is simply an offering of choices that the OP asked for.

Water Genie is lighter. Clamps are just as good. Has been attacked with sander just like the SLX and survived the test just as well. The Cleaning Warehouse customer service can't be faulted. All of this is FACT not guesses or predictions of what may happen.

Gardiners SLX (And other ranges) are all well regarded well proven poles. Their range of accessories and brushes for the poles is second to NONE. I use Gardiners brushes on all my poles.

My next pole is going to be an Extreme.

I have only one gripe with Gardiners. If you email or message Alex on FB you get a prompt response, try phoning however and it's 50/50 as to wether the call gets answered. Fair play they say that this is cause they are so busy but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to be able to make a call and get a question answered or place a quick order without having to ensure I have internet access, log into their webpage etc etc. No doubt that's just me though.

Gardiners and Water Genie are the only poles I comment on as these are the only poles I have owned. So I make no comment on the other brands available.

How many Water Genie poles do you currently own @♠Winp®oClean♠?

Just curious.

The FACTS are all in my posts. The FACTS remain the same. Two people rave about the water genie- one of which appears to be affiliated with the seller and thousands rave about the SLX- and have done for many years and virtually none will have an affiliation with the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back