Advice needed up to my neck in it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Williams Jet Wash, Feb 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

Hi all,

i had a phone call from a pressure washing firm in south wales today they have a contract for the end build clean at a building site in the town i live in! involving 15 red brick houses and 2 2nd floor flats. the clean would involve cleaning sand cement and such things from each house- he wanted to know a how much a house? i wasn't sure on the spot so said can i ring him back as i'm driving (i wasn't) the catch is the whole lot needs completing over this weekend! and they just dont have the time to complete themselves!
    another factor me is i'd have to buy a telescopic lance say around 18/24ft and hope if i pay top whack delivery it arrives before friday afternoon ish! last factor is im a one man band and would hope a friend could help me out for the whole weekend! any advice appreciated any links to telescopic lances you use?

i dont have any pictures at the moment i have opportunity of having a walk around site with the manager tomorrow

thanks

Jake

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Too short a notice, too large a task, part off running a successful operation is knowing when to walk away.

Personally I would never walk away but the price would be high enough they might, if they don't I ask 20% retainer towards material and equipment and hope it all works out in the wash.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

cash up front

4. Williams Jet Wash

how much i was thinking of asking for 175 a house making that 2975 is that unreasonable? and perhaps ask for 200 upfront to cover the cost of new lance?

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Not at all un-reasonable , can you cover 15 in a weekend?

Get on you local facebook Polish community group and scare up some muscle.

And it ought be £600 up front, that will cover the lance and a couple of helpers for the weekend.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you want the lot up front . any hummin or haaing - forget it!

if theyre decent theyll pay it bank transfer . the walk around will show you the score

7. Williams Jet Wash

i think if i work daylight till dark saturday and sunday i might just do it

8. Williams Jet Wash

thanks but i cant see anyone paying 2975 upfront on strength of a phone call and good will :(

9. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

as it is over weekend and short notice its I'd personally work out what I'd usually charge and charge at least 1.5x that, if they are as desperate as they sound they'll go for it

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

It's doable and a chanellenge
    Personally think you will need 2 machines to get it done comfortably
    Do u no a man with one who can help?
    Also the lances your on about mate are horrendous
    With any type of pressure and the lance extended it will bend like a banana and be useless
    These lances are not equipped for commercial cleaning use and be totally uncontrollable at full height and pressure
    Check out omnipole website they have more suited poles and can prob get one to you next day

Good look hope you get it

Advertisement