Advice on Cement stains?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Ben23, Mar 16, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ben23

Ben23 Member

#1 Ben23, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Morning all. Ive had an enquiry from a customer whos asked if I can remove cement from indian stone (im assuming its staining it)

I was sent these pictures:

upload_2016-3-16_11-29-37.png

upload_2016-3-16_11-29-59.png

The setup I use is just straight cold water, I rarely if ever use Chems and ive no idea if my kit would be effective on this kind of thing, its a bitof a trek to do the quote and not knowing wether i will be able to remove it is kind of putting me off, any ideas? or should I pass it over to a company who use hot water/know thier chems properly?. Cheers

Ben

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Cement staining is one of the hardest things to remove
    Depends also how long left
    Avoid it like the plague
    You can by acids such as muriatic but it's so time consuming and the results are never that good
    Dodgy builders
    Be cheaper to replace the slabs

3. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Cheers for that Stevie, yeah I've emailed them and said thats not a service i'll be able to provide, bit annoying as its a decent sized area but I dont want to be making it worse with acids etc.

Advertisement