Advice On Getting Some New Wheels!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MikeJP, Sep 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Ok chaps, so the time has come for me to purchase a van. I have about £2k available so i'll be looking at getting a second hand van no doubt.

Was just wondering what makes and models people would recommend? Are there certain things I need to be looking out for?

My intention is to obviously get kitted out with a tank etc but that may not come until business takes off a bit more.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Depends if you want to start small and build up or just jump in and get a big van and system really.

I've decided to start with a berlingo, great little starter mine carry upto 400lts

Also depends if you want a full van mounted system with all filters etc in van or have room for a static system at home

3. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

I'll defo need a full van mounted system as space is tight at home and I'll be starting small to begin with.

You've got a good set-up yourself RC, so i'll be aiming for something like that hopefully!! ;)

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

small vans wouldn't be any good then. Think most guys have transit size vans.

Cheers, my van has no filters in as I have a 1000lt storage tank and ro at home so just pump in into the van when I need to top up.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Transit vans for 2k ? hmm... u got to get one with very high milage then mate if your going for transit which i wouldnt risk

if u use bit of water then u can go for something like a berlingo or partner or combo

6. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

U will get a decent tranny for 2k

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer soho will have some good tranny's for that price!!

8. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

I paid 2 for mine 3 year ago, been no bother really, just the usual bits n bobs

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Said transit size

10. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

You could pick up a dispach/expert/scudo for that sort of money, I have a citroen dispach with a fitted 400L tank and all fillters and RO. Plenty of room for poles, reels, boxes of cloths, box of spare parts, box of cleaning chemicals, backpac etc etc

Advertisement