Advice on large tall interior glass.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Jan 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

So I got a call today from a lady who has just started a new business at the back of this garden centre, its like a really large octagonal wooden shed really, with tons of glass, selling jewellery and stuff, also a big row behind it of smaller units, none of them have a window cleaner so will be approaching them on Friday when I clean hers.

But on the way in I noticed the front of the garden centre itself is filthy, the front is almost completely glass and maybe 20 foot high at a guess maybe more, the outsides a no brainer, but inside there is no way of placing a ladder anywhere as it is all glass and massive pains and they are filthy so I know if I get the job they will want the insides doing as well, it has all those thick metal poles criss crossing the roof with webs everywhere, and would you go about this?

My guess is trad off a pole, don't have one at the moment for trad what do people suggest? something cheap ideally as it will only be used on this job.

Or is there an alternative to doing it trad off a pole?

Advertisement
  2. Blastoffcleaning

Blastoffcleaning Newcomer

B and q sell 5 meter Harris poles for £15, handy for guttering jobs to.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What about the public getting in your way etc if you did the insides? Sounds a ball ache to me.

4. TolishAPurd

Probably not worth you buying one specially, but could you use a pointer ladder on the frames?

Pics?

5. John Roberts

John Roberts Member

pole and wagtail

6. Ali scaffold? Takes 5 mins to erect.
    Safe as ****.

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

No pics and not even sure they will want the insides doing, but want to get things straight before I speak to the manager in case he asks.

They are floor to ceiling, must be 20 foot easy.

8. TolishAPurd

Sounds like a toughy. I I could do straight pulls on it then i would use the biggest squeegee I could get away with on a pole. But if the access was tough, like standing at angle then i would use the wagtail. But every window is different so I usually try a few methods out on the first few clean s to see which is best. For any detailing around the edges just wrap a scrim around the end of a pole and secure with a mini bungee, elastic band, or small pony clamp. And if there is any detailing or trail lines in the middle of the glass then drape a nice (bone) dry cloth over the squeegee itself and scrub it off.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Regarding the garden centre perhaps no one wants the job as is too much hassle and/or maybe they want the job doing for peanuts that is why they are filthy :rolleyes:

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Gardiners sell a quick-loq pole adaptor to fit trad tools to your wfp pole even cheaper!!

Advertisement