Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook posting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HALTON

As some are aware I got banned for posting in the buy now groups I joined on fb as this is how some are getting more work.

So as my ban will be lifted next week I am asking for info on if I am posting correctly in these groups.

Here is how I have done it

I opened a personal account then went to pages and added business page.

Then I joined 15 groups in my personal page.

Once I was accepted I then posted in them under my personal

Some thing like we are now taking on new customers etc etc

Then added business page URL and my web URL and posted it in the 15 groups under my personal name is this correct or not

Do I also post in the discussion part or in the sell section

Or do I go into my business page and share my post in the groups

I'm just not 100% sure why I got banned but don't want to be again as its no good for business

Advice Appreciated

As some are aware I got banned for posting in the buy now groups I joined on fb as this is how some are getting more work.So as my ban will be lifted next week I am asking for info on if I am posting correctly in these groups.

Here is how I have done it

I opened a personal account then went to pages and added business page.

Then I joined 15 groups in my personal page.

Once I was accepted I then posted in them under my personal

Some thing like we are now taking on new customers etc etc

Then added business page URL and my web URL and posted it in the 15 groups under my personal name is this correct or not

Do I also post in the discussion part or in the sell section

Or do I go into my business page and share my post in the groups

I'm just not 100% sure why I got banned but don't want to be again as its no good for business

Advice Appreciated
what reason did they give for banning you?

i got banned myself but its a long time ago,i forget why it happened now

What you've done is spot on mate.

Post in the 'discussion' part.

Not sure why you got banned but just keep doing what you're doing. I tend to post once in the morning and then again in the evening. Rather than making a new post each time I comment on my old post. That pushes it back up to the top of the page on the Facebook group.

Some groups have rules enforced by the admin of the group. Rules such as only posting once a day etc. It can be hard to keep up with all the different rules but as long as you're not constantly posting multiple times a day you should be ok.

Hi. I have had the same issue also. I had it a long time ago and resolved it and its happend again twice in two days. I got a ban two days ago saying i am restricted form posting in groups and joining also. I had a day wait and then when the ban was lifted I then posted 6 new posts in a row as I want to avertise and it banned me again. I been in the past posting 20 plus in a row and fine, so do not know what the deal is, they dont explain what the atual ban is for and how you can avoid it. Now I am nervous when it come back as to how may posts I can make. I wanted to freshen up all my old posts and make new ones, so deleted all old one and posting new fresh ads now no pics etc just writting and no links, so basic but they work so well.

I am thinking its facebook des not like multi posts done fast as they do not like it, but then I see and know people whom post 30-40 new posts in row dailly and never have an issue, so why is that? 1000s of people post muti posts all day so why are we being blocked. It made me think is it I have joined groups whos rules have now changed and i looked and I have joined by mistake some freebay ones and also posted on some that now say no business posts, so worndering if that trigger somthing, so i removed myself any on my list so when i get back in I see if it makes a difference, but am scared now if i get a long ban?

I hope that helps, I would also like to know if anyone knows where you can find out why you have been blocked and what was the actual reason. I have appealled and written 5 messages lol no reply, you never do. It like one rule for some and one rule for others.

How often do you guys post on FB? I was thinking of posting the new posts up slowly and a few a day then once all done bumping them up a few times a week, i thinking bumping is different form posting a new fresh post, so hope that works more then i can get the ads near top more often. PAIN IN THE ASS FACEBOOK are! I ahve one lady whos posts 80 groups a day every day on my notifications and she is fine I messaged her and never had a issues, so its s little unfair I feel that some of us get banned. I feel mine is due to multi posts 6 in a row one after another., facebook need to communicate better.

ahOPE YOU SORT IT OUT hALTON

another way round it is to create a 2nd personal profile on FB . use a diffrent email address to create this. then post as this person

iv added a whole bunch of likes on your page

Thanks for the info on another way to do it .Also thanks for the likes how did you do that ?
last couple of years iv built up my friends list to 4k [you can only do that carefuully or you get banned ] i simply asked a few to like your page [i think i asked about 300 and so far about 60 have responded

last couple of years iv built up my friends list to 4k [you can only do that carefuully or you get banned ] i simply asked a few to like your page [i think i asked about 300 and so far about 60 have responded
Thank you appreciated

another way round it is to create a 2nd personal profile on FB . use a diffrent email address to create this. then post as this person
iv added a whole bunch of likes on your page
Hi mate, I have done this but I been told you do this they will find out at FB and then your accountS will be deleted. You are not allowed to have multi accounts andthey will see the link somehow as they will see your same business name on the new one as you can not change the name of your business so thats dodgy.

Tonight i posted 6 in a row and got a temp ban again. When i done it a customer of mine whos does those avon type thigns posted 36 in 40 minutes brand new posts. How do they do it and get no ban and we are? My post is just writting no pics and i used to post loads but now its a issue. I checked all groups rules and seems fine. I dont get it. I am now to nervous to post on FB as can not afford to lose account and be blocked out, so stuck i messaged FB 13 times and no reply on the appeals, its a joke. other people get the same thing too i see on google so just seems some of us get hit others dont. Really bad run site FB is no HELP or advice, Also i feel someone might be hitting my post as spam like another local window cleaner, someone pointed out thats its easy you go to the post and click drop down and click report as spam as soon as that is den FB block you, so you could go round now causing mayhem its not good enough that.

Any ideas anyone? Is bumping the posts different? would you get banned form that or is it new post posting that does it? If this goes on I will be only able to post 1-2 a day lol i used to do 50 a day.

i always make sure to have one or 2 images of me or my workers in each FB post , i think if you have images it helps

also be sure to update your biz page often. youd be surprised who is looking in on it, bored folk who are in your area, these can convert into customers long as they find it worth looking at

View attachment 6276

Last edited:
Finally got back on fb and have 2 jobs to quote from fb.

Any advise before I price I don't want messers one offs etc

Any advise

Finally got back on fb and have 2 jobs to quote from fb.Any advise before I price I don't want messers one offs etc

Any advise
Start as you mean to go on.

When I speak to potential customers for the first time I take it as an opportunity to let them know how I work and what i expect from them.

Establish whether it's a one-off, four weekly, etc. Explain that you work in rain (if you do). Explain how payment should be made. Point out the dog **** on the patio and ask them to have it cleared before you come back to clean.

When I first started out I wasn't very confident doing all of the above and would just turn up, give them a price and leave. These days I feel a lot more confident and it really does make things easier in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

as said above ^ set your stall out and stand by it . if your round is 6 weekly for example then that is the only option , people respect you if you stand firm . anyone who demands 7 weekly for example with a daft excuse to match -is to be avoided,theyre players

Thanks for heads up on my fb advert it states I offer monthly or bi monthly with no one offs so we will see.

One of the houses I have to quote I leafleted a couple of months ago but did not respond to leaflet.

I'm almost sure the house in question as I pass a few times and windows are clean

So alarm bells are ringing may be me been silly.

Not many people respond to leaflets even if they want the service, think if you leafletted 1000 houses and canvassed the same 1000 guaranteed you would pick up far more canvassing. So the fact you leafletted a house doesnt mean anything other than they were too lazy to ring, too scared to ring, forgot or lost leaflet etc.

Back