Advice on paving

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Taxlossloz, May 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

We are just starting to add pressure washing to our services
    Customer is reluctant to use jet wash on this but it needs doing - image.jpg
    So what's the specific way to do it best guys ?

Advertisement
  2. sllab

sllab Active Member

I would give it a quick run over with a flat surface cleaner to get at least some of the **** off so there is less to fly everywhere. Then turbo nozzle all the joints.

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

And then when it's all blasted out ?

4. sllab

sllab Active Member

Wait for it to dry and re-sand using Kiln Dried Sand if that's what it was before.

If it is something else then find someone who knows what they are doing to fix it up. The number of builders I have seen that said re-pointing was easy to only have the pointing fall apart after less than a year later is crazy. There is a lot more to it than you would think.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If he doesn’t want you to use a pressure washer then another option is to use is a hypo chemical wash method.

1. Brush all the loose **** off it first.

2. Wet it down with a garden hose and give any run off areas like grass, plant/shrub boarders etc a good wetting too

3. Apply hypo at 7% mix. I tend to use a rectangular bucket and use a chepo car/truck brush on a harris pole to slap it on.

4. Let dwell for about 30-40 min best not to let the surface dry out

5. Scrub it if need be with a stiff brush

7. Hose it off.

6. Repeat process if need be.

The hypo will kill off the moss, weeds etc and will not disturb the mortar joints/sand too much unlike blasting it with a pressure washer.

When using hypo wear ppe and keep the area free from pets, children and other foot traffic until the area is dry as is lethal stuff to use.

For a better result you may still need to go over it with a pressure washer that's if you are allowed.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or if he don't want you to use chems you could use/hire a doff type superheated water system instead. Which uses variable low pressure and steam upto 150 c which will not damage the subsrate and will kill off weeds, algae, lichen and moss.

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Smurf - you da man - got gutters and windows and connie roofs on two big detached in private courtyard
    If we can sort drives out too will look mint - all a smurf inspired job !

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

9. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

10. bill

bill Active Member

Wot happens if it dries smurf I'm on the last patio of the house clean I posted about and I can't shift the black algae and dirt from the crazy paving even on full pressure so I'm going to use hypo in morning can you use neat as this is really hard not shift thanks

Advertisement