Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook posting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not many people respond to leaflets even if they want the service, think if you leafletted 1000 houses and canvassed the same 1000 guaranteed you would pick up far more canvassing. So the fact you leafletted a house doesnt mean anything other than they were too lazy to ring, too scared to ring, forgot or lost leaflet etc.
Absolutely agree just me I think as like I say I have passed driving to other jobs and they seem clean.

May be they cleaned them them self

Thanks

you need to get up close to see if theyre actually clean. iv often thought windows look clean but no no theyre not, its all in my imagination,i "wanted them to look clean" a subliminal message

Yes @boarcity very deceiving are windows. Most look clean when driving past its rare you get ones that really stand out. It's easy to get disheartened when looking around and everywhere looks clean. But it's a lie when u get close all is revealed

For a short while i used to quote from google maps but I soon stopped that when I got caught out a couple of times. You really do need to have a proper look to make sure the frames and sills aren't covered with years of gunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i always quote form google, i think it still works out cheaper than fuel getting to quotes. If i get it wrong i have 2 choices to do it for that price or to say sorry but iys going to be x amount

i always quote form google, i think it still works out cheaper than fuel getting to quotes. If i get it wrong i have 2 choices to do it for that price or to say sorry but iys going to be x amount
Its OK for fronts quoting from google maps but how do you tell if a conservator of extension etc etc round back

I never quote from Google. The street view of my mothers house still shows a van I have not owned in six years! You cant see what access is honestly like and you cant see if first clean surcharge is required due to green frames.

I quote off Google Maps all the time. Just make sure you remember to ask about conservatories and extensions at the back. If it's a first or one off clean you should be quoting high enough that you don't get caught out. And if it's going to be a regular, call it an 'estimate' instead of a quote and you will have leeway to negotiate if it's not as you imagined. If it's extremely dirty, just clean the glass and get the worst off for frames- tell them it will take a few cleans to get them perfect.

Its OK for fronts quoting from google maps but how do you tell if a conservator of extension etc etc round back
You ask them mate ! Get a rough description off them. Check it on maps tell them it's a rough price. I say it will "probably be" x amount.

It's true you could get it wrong and you get there and it's bad and takes you an extra 10 min's. That's fine with me at least I'm only making one trip so saved time and fuEl. I don't mind taking a hit on 1st cleans tbh win some lose some but in the long run it will be win when they become regulars.

Back