Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's best way to clean fsg?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Today i took the lance off my pump up sprayerConnected it to 10m of pole hose

Connected that to male rectus fitting

Gonna do a patio tomorrow (slabs) and pour pre mixed hypo solution into backpack and connect lance

Spray

Wash out thoroughly

Then fill with pure for windows

I took advice and although the warranty will be void for the backpack it should be fine if washed out thoroughly straight away

Gonna get a second just for chems or get a different one built for harsh chems
The water genie backpack is designed to handle harsh chemicals apparently

Does it have viton seals?

Apparently if it doesn't then hypo is too harsh

Hypo will destroy metal fittings etc also if left in a backpack

They all will do that as they are designed as crop sprayers for weedkiller etc but hypo is a bit harsh compared to most chemicals

Thanks for replies guys sort took awhile I appreciate everyone's help and advice.

I'm on with the job today trying with pump spray and karcher universal cleaner. Couldn't get ubik quick enough. So iv sprayed on solution on front of house letting it work in ready to wfp off and then onto side and back.

Ill see how it goes.

Ubik via extension lance allow to work for a few mins, then using a suitable WFP brush on mains pressure is the way I do them now.

You must be really careful using Hypo I'd imagine on plastics around a customers home as if they have hanging baskets, plants etc near by there all going to die.

I did a fsg earlier and had issues trying to get the sides on 2 dormer windows in the roof so got my converted harris pole out and sprayed the upvc sides from the ground

Did the rest with ubik but it really helped out

Plants will be fine trev if you soak them before and after

Hypo doesn't kill them it is the sodium left behind when it breaks down that changes the ph levels and kills plants so wash it down and it's fine

I have done roughly 200 cleans and only ever used my pure water with the brushes, I find changing the angle of the head for doing the diff bits will help a lot, do gutters at normal angle the have it almost vertical for the brackets

I use gardiner flocked sill brush currently with fans. Works great at getting into the brackets and fiddly areas.

I used to use pure but its a waste, if they have a tap use it! More pressure and saves you ££ then I just bulldog clip a cloth on at the end and dry them all off.

I use fans for fsg

I never use a cloth after to wipe it all off even the underneath where all the vents are as I rinse them well and have no issues

Custys tap is always good to use though

I have a 6" bit of microbore with a 8mm hosetail and pushfit on 1 end and hozelock on the other to connect my pole hose

Or .... I just drop my inlet hose from pump into barrel of premixed Chem then run it thru reel and pole

This.

Pull my inlet out of van tank and put it in a barrel of water/Chemical mix. After back into pure tank, maybe it will knacker pump eventually but mine dont cost much anyway

This.
Pull my inlet out of van tank and put it in a barrel of water/Chemical mix. After back into pure tank, maybe it will knacker pump eventually but mine dont cost much anyway
A decent pump will be ok

Or like you say a cheap pump easy to replace

What I am finding over last month or so is all the hoses and connectors etc are knackered

Back