Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Changing Wfp Market!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have been using only one pole for a while now and keep the other telescopic sections in the van if needed which saves me carrying different length poles about. Hence why my pole hose is on the outside of the pole which I find works ok.

Mind you if I was into high rise work (above 3-4 floors) which I’m not I would still get a decent telescopic pole for the job.

so these add ons, where does the hose go?
wont be through the centre will it.
most of the americans have the hose on the outside of the pole,
with the phoenix pole i have you can easily have the hose going through the middle of the pole due to there design without stop tape on the sections, its just a case of removing rubber stop and slide them on!

So what is the max phoenix pole lengh that has been tested that works without getting too whippy & snapping?

So what is the max phoenix pole lengh that has been tested that works without getting too whippy & snapping?
on the market at the minute there is only a 26ft pole

they are bringing out new upto 40ft pole without the ultralight section, but if the ultralight section works on the 40ft then im guessin around a 45ft pole, think thats pole length. not reach hight!

Thanks for the info but for now will wait & see what Alex is up to on the release of his new product range as may suprise us all :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info but for now will wait & see what Alex is up to on the release of his new product range as may suprise us all :rolleyes:
no problem, also know there is another facelift pole coming out soon, but have no info on that one yet!

So not good news from one of Alex's distributors then as he is blatantly knocking gardiner products in that vid /emoticons/ohmy.png
This is the thing Smurf - WCR (Alex in the vid) was recently removed as one of our US distributors due to under-performance and in response they have produced this and other videos trying to 'trash' our poles to get their own back! They are not really very friendly to us anymore /emoticons/sad.png
The interesting thing is that in the US now you can buy our poles at almost UK prices which means that you can buy 2 Super-Max poles for the price of a Reach-It Pro or an Unger - www.gardinerpoles.com - The reach-It Mini is actually a 20ft pole and costs $599 as a bare pole whereas the SLX22 is a lot lighter, can easily be added to (despite what the vid says) and cost just $365 including carbon gooseneck and brush.The Reach-iT Pro is a 39ft pole and costs $1500 which is nearly double the same size Super-Max. The pole that it should be compared to in price is the Xtreme range.

Reach-iT have to sell each pole with a full set of spare clamps. This is because they do not have end-stops on the sections and clients in the US keep snapping the Reach-iT clamps by accidentally over-extending the sections whilst working - this puts too much strain on the clamp and as the sections fall they snap the clamp body in two - something that does not happen with joint-stops fitted. Why do so many firms sell poles now with easy remove sections? It is because they are much easier and cheaper to make. Assembling poles with joint stops fitted is a much more complex and time consuming process in the factory.

Reach-iT have to sell each pole with a full set of spare clamps this is because they do not have end-stops on the sections and clients in the US keep snapping the Reach-iT clamps by accidentally over-extending the sections whilst working - this puts too much strain on the clamp and as the sections fall they snap the clamp body in two. Something that does not happen with joint-stops fitted. Why do so many firms sell poles now with easy remove sections? It is because they are much easier and cheaper to make. Assembling poles with joint stops fitted is a much more complex and time consuming process in the factory.
but dosen't having to prise open the clamps put extra ware on them and can cause them to fail too tho?

somesome can easily put to much force on the clamp while trying to release the pole?

Also you forgot to mention RC that you can easily over extend the pole without joint stops so it can fall apart too which is an accident waiting to happen especially if the pole is nearly fully extended.

Regarding the metal end protectors on the reach-it pole sections if anyone is like me from time to time accidently hit objects like parked cars with the end of the pole would do a lot of damage to the car.

Also you forgot to mention RC that you can easily over extend the pole without joint stops so it can fall apart too which is an accident waiting to happen especially if the pole is nearly fully extended.
Regarding the metal end protectors on the reach-it pole sections if anyone is like me from time to time accidently hit objects like parked cars with the end of the pole would do a lot of damage to the car.
the phoeinix dont have stop tape on them and never had a problem with them. its the user that is carless not the pole itself! so when used right there is no chance of an accident!

again thats user being carless when things like that happen, nothing to do with the pole, when used right, nothing like that would happen!

i have a pheonix, i'm not as experienced as you lads but when you say stop tape what do you mean exactly? cause one of the things i have had to get used to on the pheonix is when extending, it doesn't give any warning when each section's about to reach full extension apart from the pole changes colour from black to white.

the only problems i have had with the pheonix is the clamps have needed adjusting a few times cause they let sections spin or slip when activating the aquadapter and the top clamp and the plastic adapter at the very end snapped early on in its life with me, but they were taken care of immediately. the pole is VERY GOOD but i will deffo get the slx or clx when the pheonix wears out just to try it.

The stop tape is on some poles to stop the poles coming out.

The phoenix just has the silver colour strip to warn you to stop pulling it out.

This also makes it very easy to take apart to clean it too!

I to had to tighten the clamps when I first got it too, but after that they stay good!

Yer there was a few of the first made phoenix poles that had a few problems, but they have been sorted and replaced as you have found out,

I removed the stop tape from my clx and made small marks that I can see or feel. Only once have I over did it. I have just got use to it now but understand the reasons for this. Look at a few poles at the cleaning g show and think Gardiner poles are still the best

I removed the stop tape from my clx and made small marks that I can see or feel. Only once have I over did it. I have just got use to it now but understand the reasons for this. Look at a few poles at the cleaning g show and think Gardiner poles are still the best
So what was ur main reason for taking the tape off?

So what was ur main reason for taking the tape off?
Tape got worn and stuck inside the pole. Had to remove the tape from one of the sections early one morning and worked all day without with no problems so never replaced it.

Tape got worn and stuck inside the pole. Had to remove the tape from one of the sections early one morning and worked all day without with no problems so never replaced it.
Not good then,

Don't get me wrong the pole is good and when I come to replace it I will get another for sure. Just the stops are not needed in my opinion but I understand that some prefer the stops.

It's nearly 3 years old and still going strong, I could put tape back on and be just as alex sold it.

my phoenix dont have silver tape its blue tape to warn ya. i wouldnt ever swap that pole for anything else. the clamps are the best clamps on any pole ive used to date. and theres no sign of wears on the sections like another certain pole i used to have!

my phoenix dont have silver tape its blue tape to warn ya. i wouldnt ever swap that pole for anything else. the clamps are the best clamps on any pole ive used to date. and theres no sign of wears on the sections like another certain pole i used to have!
Oh right, what one u got? Carbon, hybrid or glass fibre?

There is less wear on the poles due to the clamps too!

The pole have only been out for 5 minutes so you can`t say there is no signs wear on the sections

Back