Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Show Us Your Facebook Messers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dont you mention a initial clean price when quoting?
FB works great for me, very powerful if used right, in the last 2 weeks I have taken on 80+ new jobs, slowly getting through there first cleans, doing about 5 a day on top of my regular jobs.

I have banked on loosing 20% to one offers but I am pricing all firsts at atleast a double clean so it doesnt bother me if a few go.

A mate gave me a golden tip on using FB right, he werent kidding, best advertising platform about. But yeh never use the selling sites, not much on there apart from a few time wasters.
That's a lot in 2 weeks !:eek:

From start of 2016 we have took 165 new customers and counting

Don't charge extra for first cleans either.

11 is fb customers

17 gumtree

22 walk ups

115 canvassed

All priced well

I'm a fan of fb advertising on groups as its free and usually gd results

But it is only one Of many sources to getting work

That's a lot in 2 weeks !:eek:
Loads mate, thats why I have stopped all other forms of advertising. Apart from a few I am contracted to like Yell and a couple of local town mags that I have payed for 6 months at a time.

The only problem is having enough hours to do all the admin and then fitting in the first cleanes around my regular jobs.

From start of 2016 we have took 165 new customers and counting
Don't charge extra for first cleans either.

11 is fb customers

17 gumtree

22 walk ups

115 canvassed

All priced well

I'm a fan of fb advertising on groups as its free and usually gd results

But it is only one Of many sources to getting work

Sounds like your on a flyer over in Ireland, over £1.5k of new regular work since xmas, can't moan at that! You got them mostly on 4 weekly?

Never had F all off gumtree, only a few quotes who must of been expecting bucket bob rates.

I'm approaching the cross roads of going bigger or staying alone, thought about it long n hard, decided to stay on my own and maybe have a guy with me as I have a 2man hot system, can keep my eye on the standard then, standards would be my main concern sending out a pair of numpties in a van and system owned and paid for by me, but I may try it at some point, I'd want to grow into a unit before I did that and get out of been home based, all for the future. Prob round my area is most staff are unemployed for good reason! I'm far to particular and look after my customers well, just a worry letting others on em.

I'd say 15/20 mile circular around my home. I work a different area each day over my 4 weekly schedule. My idea was for future growth as the bigger the area the more options and towns/areas I am seen in.

i use Facebook but also go door knocking too, and I've noticed that nearly all jobs I've picked up through door knocking are still regular customers, but so many that I picked up from Facebook have never used me again after the first clean, some have even cancelled before the first clean.

Dont you mention a initial clean price when quoting?
FB works great for me, very powerful if used right, in the last 2 weeks I have taken on 80+ new jobs, slowly getting through there first cleans, doing about 5 a day on top of my regular jobs.

I have banked on loosing 20% to one offers but I am pricing all firsts at atleast a double clean so it doesnt bother me if a few go.

A mate gave me a golden tip on using FB right, he werent kidding, best advertising platform about. But yeh never use the selling sites, not much on there apart from a few time wasters.
Arent you going to share your golden tip with your pals @Trev81 ? /emoticons/biggrin.png;)

Don't get many first cleans or one offs up here. People call expecting a window cleaner, no airs or graces, nearly every customer I've had are taken aback by my statement of your frames/sills are included in the price. Picked up nearly 10 customers this week without doing anything other than picking up my phone. Including 2 gutter jobs. Use FB but don't get a lot of work through it, canvassing and being in the right place at the right time has worked better for me. Don't get me wrong, it does get your name and brand out there for free, but it needs to be done right (which I've struggled with). Reputation will always proceed you, and rest assured the people that are browsing on the buy and sell pages know when folk are just out to bad mouth.

View attachment 6726 recently,a guy iv been window cleaning for several yrs,out of the blue started calling me a robbing barsteward on FB . He is a car sales type whose gone from nothing thru a succession of ever bigger houses in the time iv known him . iv always cut him a decent deal sometimes hes tossed a coin wi me over prices and iv always been the loser!

anyhow he thought it to be funny to call me names on FB over my price. so i dropped him and also his mum in law who i hope will be on his back over it. but theres more to it than jus name calling-i sense [you know how you get a 6th sense when u become a windie] . well i sense hes in meltdown,lashing out at me is just like kicking the dog cos things are about to blow.

Last edited:
if you go on the wfp section & look at the 'help pricing this please guys' thread there is an obvoious fb boy sneaking onto this site

Don't get all the complaints about customers. Drop them they canceled this month , waist of time quoting as won'ts it cheep ect. Fact of life people cancel, you waist a bit of time going out to quote. Smile move on to the next one. Life is to short to let expected bumps in the way business and customers work get to you.

I found working in retail that no mater how rude or annoying a customer. I couldn't walk away had to stand there, yes sir no sir three f ING bags full sir. Now thanks for you time sir goodbye. Next customer please.

I have to admit I am not very good at the facebook marketing jazz but what does amaze me is the FB window cleaning pages, I am a member of a couple. The language and 'kick their chuffin heads in' attitude of the windys on there all over something as daft as a client asking to skip a month or something similar.

If I was a regular Joe looking for more information on a window cleaner to do my windows and I read some of that toss I think I would move to a concrete bunker with no windows!

:sweating::cry::-:)cry::sweating:

The fb window cleaning pages are a joke was on a couple but i left em, sick of getting notifications all day long and all the windys do on there is slag each other off and argue

Quoted a woman last night

Was well happy

She works all day which i know as i know where she works

Was all set to do it tomorrow

Now i get this which is complete bull

Got a good mind to go past there in a mo on the way home and prove it to myself

View attachment 6784

Obviously didn't like my first clean price lol

Sorry mate.

She called me earlier so I went round and did it for her.

Just kidding [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back