Advice please on this bayersan trolley system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by azzy, Feb 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. azzy

azzy Guest

Hi guys

Think I found the trolley im looking for based on most compe***ive price of 485. Trolley comes complete with bayersan 25ft pole and brush etcetc.

Could any experts just run thier eye over the link - its the 30 lit system half way down - and tell me please that this is decent for me to use for tops only and only for 2 story :)

http://bayersan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=74&lang=en

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

That's the system I have and its done me well mate. Don't know if they have stock in the uk yet but worth a call the emre to see if he knows when they are due in.

3. fuggytail

fuggytail Member

Hi ya azzy i have the 35l trolley and its a great piece of kit mate they are well worth the price:)

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Hi mate,

Have just seen & replied to ur PM. My advice is in there. Trolley looks ok yea, but what I suggested would get you started for a lot less. You could get a WCW backpack, collapsable trolley & gardiner CLX 22 (very nice pole) for around £300.

5. azzy

azzy Guest

Just seen that wcw back pack for 120 there on a site - so if trolley is 20 and pole/brush 120 - thats under 300 - now thats what im talkin about.

Question is - Will it do me for 5 or 6 semis upstairs?? Obviously il have a few containers in car to fill er up ( I do do about 20 semis a day)n so 3 or 4 fill aint a hassle...[hr]
    maybe 25 semi ( 6 hour day sometimes 7)[hr]
    alot of my semi all have 2 tops just too which is cool one dormer at front. top side, skylights at back... I dnt do skylights - never have.... In fact alot of windowcleaner dnt even do bathroom window i believe..

6. windyman

I can only go on my work, but I'd say you'd easily do the tops of 20-25 semis with 4 25l containers.

The houses I do have massive front bay windows, even upstairs. I can do 30-odd of those per day using only 4 barrels or less sometimes.

It's trial & error for the 1st wee bit while you work out the right flow / water saving ratio which is right for you. Some houses (esp 1st cleans) might require more pressure/water, but 95% of the time, my backpack is on just over half of the max flow rate.

If it's the window cleaning warehouse site, I think you have to add VAT to the £120, still a great buy tho.

Also, great tip- get the option with the microbore tap attached (there's a drop down option to add this on)- I coil the hose up a couple of times, then cable tie it together so it's sort of in a circle. Then the tap sits right next to my right hip/hand- This will save you tons of water as you turn it on & off between windows. You'll become really efficient at it after a while, just stick with it. If people say they use loads of water, my guess it's because they're not turning on/off between windows.

7. azzy

azzy Guest

Brill Thanks - Do u do tops only or top and bottom?

A we tip someone told me was to just bend ur hose back to stop water (like u do with garden hose by accident all the time lol) but wasnt sure if this wud eventually wreck hose...

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I've been kinking my pole hose to stop water since I started - never had an issue. Only works with the softer pole hose though. The harder one's like the Gardiners one won't kink - use a tap

9. windyman

Correct you can do that, but as Matty says, not with a stiffer pole hose- the hose I have would break after 5 mins of doing that. I prefer softer hose, but still wouldn't bend it, asking for problems if you ask me.

A tap is only a tenner so well worth it.

The section of work that i was talking about it WFP tops & trad bottoms.

10. azzy

azzy Guest

thanks guys ;)

Advertisement