Advice please smurf if you wouldn't mind :)

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Nov 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

Hi, due to the circumstance I will have to do less wfp and more ladder work.

Right now I am using my old A pointer ladder 7 metre (23 ft) to clean smaller houses, but I struggled to uesd this ladder to clean high windows. I have put two pictures up below so you can see what I mean.

I rang window cleaning spot to find out how much the 9 metre (30ft) A pointer and it £369 plus vat. I don't fancy it!

Last night I have been browsing old threads on herec and seen pictures of your ladder and ankalad stabiliser. Well I want one :)

My Qs is, is how heavy is the BPS combination ladder compare to my 7 metre A pointer ladder because I will want to use combination ladder to clean windows as well gutters.

What size do u have?

http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/Combination-Ladders.html

I am also looking to get ankalad for the ladder. Do you find it much of a hassle opening and closing the ankalad? Link below

http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

And one last Qs ... Microliter stand off, I will be looking to leave it on the combination ladder at all time so my Qs is have you tried cleaning windows with microliter stand off resting on roof tiles?

Thanks

Dave

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Could you not just trad pole windows from the ground that you can't reach by ladder safely?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use bps 12 rung triple combi for gutter work which are heavy as **** just to be used for regular window cleaning.

4. davewindowcleaner

I tried a few years ago, wagtail on a pole. You cant clean the sills and frames trad on pole

5. davewindowcleaner

I need at least 9 metre ladder which is light like my 7 meter A ladder.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Are you on about reach when set or just total length as 9m up is a fecking long way to fall?

7. davewindowcleaner

I don't want to go up 9 metre high. I just want the ladder to lean above the windows. I cant get my 7 metre ladder above those two houses windows for eg in the pic I put up.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That would reach surely if you laid your ladder out on the ground to extend the height you want.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My lyte triples are 8.5 metre and are long enough to do gutters on a townhouse
    Surely 7 metre can do windows

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Those triples I have which are over 10 metre total length when set have a working reach of 7.2 metres that again is if the ladder sections are laid on the ground first to the max safe rungs configuration.

Advertisement