Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Outer Bypass Rtt. Verus Recirculating Bypass As Standard

Flat Surface Cleaner /emoticons/wink.png

But I've found that they a quite useless myself on block paving as do not clean as well as a turbo nozzle.

Don't try this at home folks.....What a numpty /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers smurf.

Once you have cleaned the block paving how long do you have to give it before sealing? Do the blocks have to bone dry?

You would have to re-sand it first so I would normally go back after 2 days without rain that way to make sure the blocks and gaps have dried out properly to brush in kiln dried sand.

I don't do sealing myself but my understanding is that is no good to try when the surface is not bone dry or expecting rain after doing it in the next 2-3 days. Temp is also critical as most sealers can't be applied in colder months.

Got a message of M-Clean regarding outer bypass, they were cleaning a roof with there washer with a recirculating bypass as norm. by the time they got down from roof to turn washer off, there pump was cooking and blew. pump ruined.

Outer bypass recomended, glad i ordered outer bypass RTT.

Johnny

I left one of our first pressure washers idling as we elevated to roof height, no bypass at all. By the time we had got in place the pump had blown a very big hole in itself. (modified) - This couldn't have taken any longer than three minutes!!!

The small bypass set ups seem to put the water back to the inlet on the pump, you aren't going to gain a lot of time before the water cooks , couple of minutes at the most.

Get your bypass set up to go back to tank. You've got 25 - 30 minutes then and you know it wont be circulating any hot water at all.

Good luck

He seems very unlucky to me as I sometimes leave the motor running probably more than three mins without the trigger being pulled myself. Not ideal I know but touch wood it has not broken yet. :rolleyes:

So have you always used the suction hose filter to feed your washer with water, do you never use customers tap outlet, or do you find there pressure too low.

Maybe if you get a wheely bin you can set up a feeder connection at the bottom of bin to feed your washer, it must suck it from the bottom as it does the top with the suction filtered hose, i didnt think there would be enough pressure, as you do in a tap. the pump must do the work to supply.

I can use either but if I use a tap hose fed directly to the pump it does not work at full pressure.

So have you always used the suction hose filter to feed your washer with water, do you never use customers tap outlet, or do you find there pressure too low.

I don't think it really matters how you connect hoses to a bin as just thrown into the top worked well for me yesterday. My washer worked at full pressure no problem doing it that way.

Maybe if you get a wheely bin you can set up a feeder connection at the bottom of bin to feed your washer, it must suck it from the bottom as it does the top with the suction filtered hose, i didnt think there would be enough pressure, as you do in a tap. the pump must do the work to supply.

I have a wheelie bin now setup like that already Johnny with a ballcock valve to shut the tap water of too.

To be honest after the trial I conducted yesterday just by asking to borrow the cutomers bin works just as well and is one less thing now I have to cart about in my small van. /emoticons/wink.png

Portable ballcock valve pics

Have also been playing around with a spare brass ballcock valve today and it works without any mods so I can now use it on any borrowed bin to stop the bin from over flowing. Inside nut finger tightens to the small lip on the top off the bin and the lid of the bin closed is wedged on the outer nut keeps it in place.

View attachment 2068

View attachment 2069

What do you think?

Soo, you just dump a bin full of there rubbish on the floor? Black bins(rubbish bins) probably isn't the best one to use, use the green(recycle) bin would be a lot cleaner

Back