Advice Re Wagtail Needed

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mrtaytay, Feb 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I must admit that my pole work is not as good as I would like it to be. I am ok when the windows straight in front of me and not too far away, but do struggle when the window is at an angle, for example, bedroom windows that are above conny's. I use an Spc 4 x 3, which I love for regular squeegeeing. Not sure if its the best option for the occasional bit of pole work that I do. It sounds like most people think the wagtail is the best squeegee for pole work. Any opinions on this ?. Also, what type of wagtail.. I use an unger pole. Not too sure about that either.

Any advice gladly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

just type in you tube "How to modify a wagtail squeege" will tell you everything you need to know. Also if you havent already got an angled adaptor for your pole id get one, makes awkward windows that bit easier mate

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Cheers steve

4. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

No bother mate

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Steve. What kind of wagtail do you use ?

6. David@Aqua

David@Aqua Member

Hi
    I use a slimline flipper from wcw i have not tried other wagtails, it is great for pole work and for tops of shop front windows with smaller poles this set up has let me get work that i could not do before hand as i am a traditional window cleaner.

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Cheers for that david.think I will have to invest. Just keen to get the right wagtail for me.

8. Posh

Posh Hero

I use a flipper & still getting use to it.

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Cheers posh. How long have you had it for?. Does the lubricating pad ever get in the way when you are squeegeeing?. I was thinking about the orbital as it doesnt have any pads attached and is supposed to be good for pole work.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

To be honest mine was a flipper but couldn't get on with it so took the applicator off and used it as a normal squeegee. About a month ago thought I give it another go. I fitted a flannel doubled over and fitted with 4 clips but mines on top of the wagtail so instead of hanging down it sits on top of the wagtail so don't get in the way. Got a bit of metal on it to with a scrim wrapped round it so dont have to pull it down at all. Hope this makes sense. The flannel works brilliant by the way.

Advertisement