Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

why do window cleaners think there carpet cleaners as well ?

Thread title is a bit daft really.
I trained as a mechanic when I left school so I could have been a mechanic and a window cleaner if it wasn't that long ago I have forgotten modt of it.

So if you are a window cleaner that means you can't be capable of doing anything else?

I do carpet cleaning from time to time, yes I had training and carry insurance.

I get your point, the guy who said he would buy a rug doctor is the problem.

I wouldn't attempt to soft wash a roof because I've never done it and to try my hand without some form of learning is lunacy.

I only do them for existing customers now or of someone wants a full house as it's not worth the messing about for the odd room price wise.
Well Said I've got a fair size round and I do Carpet cleaning and upholstery I've it's a great add on, some jobs you can earn much more a hour than window cleaning

So noddy what exactly has he done and how are you going to rectify it for your "£200" an hour.
ok so we did the job and brought it back from the dead , sorry no pics he did want us takeing ,

what I put it down too is was the gear he used and far to much of it leaving sticky parts all over the carpet and in the black death places he used far far too much yet didn't have the training to keep washing it out plus he was using one of them **** ninja portables that didn't help there to weak to use by themselves in bad places

his mistakes started by using far to much of this chem called crystal green its shocking stuff and we stop using it 18 years ago he used half a tub of it ! add to this the pre spayed gold that was mixed far to strong , so in a nut shell he used a 5 weeks worth of chems on one job and craped him self half way and started adding more when it was going wrong

it was simple too sort , I am rinced it all with acid and took all the chem and the dirt out of the carpet in one hit using 800psi , 300o of heat and using a rotaty dry master , took me 5 hours from leaving the house -job-back in the house charged him 700 because he help me out

as for 200 ahour when your pulling over in a van that cost the wrong side of 50k to buy and set up you want something out the job to put mistakes right don't you he was so happy ,

This is very true 9 times out of 10 but it's worth being able to spot a carpet that will shrink and pull it off the grippers before you start soaking it.
Upholstery is even worse, I once went very carefully trsting on some cushions and got some red dye bleeding out. Luckily I knew how to correct it. Training really is a must.
heres a job that a local N.C.C.A. member did a few years back he was fully trained

I clean windows ! But in my area , windowcleaning often is combined with regular cleaning services. Did some stairways windowcleaning and a lady come in the building saying " oh is it the cleaner " as a regular cleaner with mop and bucket " i said "no its the windows and im a windowcleaning business " she gave me that look and Said something like " its the same ! " its NOT the same:mad: , i suck at cleaning but shine at windowcleaning ! 2 diff. Things and in my world its Very diff. Professions .:rolleyes:

heres a job that a local N.C.C.A. member did a few years back he was fully trained

Shrunk it? hard to make it out.

well training doesnt mean anything unless you apply it

But anyone can make mistakes

Doesnt look like they are any grippers ? that wont help

Shrunk it? hard to make it out.
well training doesnt mean anything unless you apply it

But anyone can make mistakes

Doesnt look like they are any grippers ? that wont help

yes a lot of carpet fitters don't grip the full room these days mostly to save a few £ and time ,

you mostly fine this around fire places and long stretches of rooms , they will just hit it with clue , this carpet was the the dreaded beljum willton we went out with a power stretcher and got it back in place trouble is when using these p.s. you can rip the carpet in half

The Ashby Ninja portables are too weak by themselves are they....only one of the top portables in the country superseded now by the Enforcer.

800 psi on a carpet?? Did you hose it out the door?

300 degrees f on a carpet would probably damage a wool carpet and might even start melting a polyprop one.

Nothing wrong with portables, more heat and pressure might make the cleaning quicker but the same results can be achieved with a porty as with a truck mount in most applications, most of the cleaning is down to chemical choice, agitation and dwell time.

Never had a problem cleaning with my portable

Horses for courses really.....for a TM you need to be generating the work.....TM a lot quicker than Portable re set up and set down.

Downside of them is mainly access issues that's why a lot carry a porty as well......bit like comparing WFP van mount and trolley set up...both have their places but the wise van mount man has both.

Thread title is a bit daft really.
I trained as a mechanic when I left school so I could have been a mechanic and a window cleaner if it wasn't that long ago I have forgotten modt of it.

So if you are a window cleaner that means you can't be capable of doing anything else?

I do carpet cleaning from time to time, yes I had training and carry insurance.

I get your point, the guy who said he would buy a rug doctor is the problem.

I wouldn't attempt to soft wash a roof because I've never done it and to try my hand without some form of learning is lunacy.

I only do them for existing customers now or of someone wants a full house as it's not worth the messing about for the odd room price wise.
The Ashby Ninja portables are too weak by themselves are they....only one of the top portables in the country superseded now by the Enforcer.800 psi on a carpet?? Did you hose it out the door?

300 degrees f on a carpet would probably damage a wool carpet and might even start melting a polyprop one.
I was thinking the same thing The Ashby Ninja as great Machine ??

I was wondering why carpet cleaners clean windows and solar panels. When there is so much cash in carpets.
There can be great money in carpets but the marketting costs to get enough work to be constantly busy is huge. It takes a lot of years and marketting systems to generate repeat work as well.

What's so great about windows is its repeat work and is so easy to scale up if you choose

That's why I do both Adam......only hassle sometimes is if it's carpets all morning and windows all afternoon.....I have a £95 carpet job Thursday morning....will be finished by 11.30 - 11.45 and this time of year especially it's tempting to get home and say oh feck the windows.

Just got home from a carpet job now and going to unload and load up window gear now.

That's why I do both Adam......only hassle sometimes is if it's carpets all morning and windows all afternoon.....I have a £95 carpet job Thursday morning....will be finished by 11.30 - 11.45 and this time of year especially it's tempting to get home and say oh feck the windows.Just got home from a carpet job now and going to unload and load up window gear now.
This is what I don't like about it, the messing about. I could have a carpet job in the morning 30 mins away then have to come back to do windows then hump it all off when I've finished. Then go through the same again a few days later. When you factor in the travel time, setup and pack away it doesn't work out any more profitable than doing windows unless of course you come across that big job but I find the vast majority is 1 or two carpets or a sofa etc, most jobs are under £100 and I could do £100 bu lunch time on windows so why mess about might as well just do wimdows. That's the direction I'm headed anyway. I only want to be doing add ons in future once u have the weeks windows done and if its more profitable than the glass.

I enjoy it after just doing carpet cleaning for years....gets me outside for a bit.

Also window cleaning is way cheaper marketing wise and equipment wise.

The Ashby Ninja portables are too weak by themselves are they....only one of the top portables in the country superseded now by the Enforcer.800 psi on a carpet?? Did you hose it out the door?

lol said buy some that knows northing , ive forgot more about cleaning carpets then most will ever learn once you have the power of the titan at you finger tips you will relise how shite the enforcers are , and befoure you start giving it the big one I can remember learning to clean a carpet when the best portable was a single vac unit with a 60psi pump that you couldn't change the good old days of the extracta model c ,

Nothing wrong with portables, more heat and pressure might make the cleaning quicker but the same results can be achieved with a porty as with a truck mount in most applications, most of the cleaning is down to chemical choice, agitation and dwell time.
Never had a problem cleaning with my portable

your bang on the money a good cleaner should get the same results with what ever they use until you have to go deep to sort a problem out , take a look at the r.d.ms from hyrdomaster at work on youtube there a great bit of kit I use mine all the time much better then the rx20

Back